2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

Hate to put it this way, but Boston's situation reminds me of Atlanta's situation prior to this year.  Several overpaid bats, green pitching and a farm system that could use some tooling.

Granted, Boston will always outspend Atlanta, so I don't expect it to be the bloodbath Atlanta's offseason was.

I'm glad Arrieta finally put all that talent together.  He never could last 5 innings in Baltimore.  Classic case of a change of scenery working out.

That Baltimore system is weird.  They are so afraid of people blowing out their arms that they'll force pitchers to stay away from splitters or any mechanic they deem dangerous.  Arrieta's delivery was not what they wanted in Baltimore, so I really think it hamstrung him right from the start.

I'm glad Arrieta finally put all that talent together.  He never could last 5 innings in Baltimore.  Classic case of a change of scenery working out.

That Baltimore system is weird.  They are so afraid of people blowing out their arms that they'll force pitchers to stay away from splitters or any mechanic they deem dangerous.  Arrieta's delivery was not what they wanted in Baltimore, so I really think it hamstrung him right from the start.

Him and so many others.  And it's not changing since Bundy did blow out his arm.  It's why so many guys who come up through the system (Matusz being a prime example) always wind up finding their footing in the bullpen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just registered to buy Cubs postseason tickets. The fact that this is even a possibility has me pretty emotional right now. This is a big deal :crying:

I think you mean postseason ticket. After I all, one is all you'll need. :P

• Like 1

I just registered to buy Cubs postseason tickets. The fact that this is even a possibility has me pretty emotional right now. This is a big deal :crying:

Whoa that is cold blooded man! I show my emotions and you move in for the kill.

Only the Cardinals could breed that brand of tactless, classless fan :shifty: 

• Like 2

Whoa that is cold blooded man! I show my emotions and you move in for the kill.

Only the Cardinals could breed that brand of tactless, classless fan :shifty: 

The Cardinal Way!

Don't worry, though, Srar, this is the year that the Dodgers beat St. Louis~! We'll do it for the Cubbies!

• Like 1

Good for Papi, being able to hit the 500 homer milestone.  It's a cherry on top of what should be a Hall of Fame career.  I'm glad most of it was done in a Boston uniform.  Bummer it happened in St. Petersburg instead of Boston, but then again I presume more than half the crowd was Red Sox fans.

Speaking of the Rays, I read an article this week where someone suggested they should move to Montreal.  I'd love to see that happen. 

Baseball season's underway 
Well you better get ready for a brand new day 
Hey, Chicago, what do you say 

The Cubs are gonna win today

They're singing
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
The Cubs are gonna win today

Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go