2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

15 hours ago, Adam said:

Thanks for keeping us updated on these DFF, the progression of qualification intrigues me and it's hard to keep up with sometimes.

No probs, I'll always been a bit of a nerd for these sorts of things :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Robbie Keane has announced his retirement from international football following Republic of Ireland’s friendly against Oman next Wednesday. The 36-year-old calls time on his 18-year international career having made a record 145 senior appearances for his country and scored 67 goals, more than three times more than his nearest rival.

Robbie :(

Hands down the greatest sportsman in this country in a long, long time. The stats are there but he'll never truly get the credit for how fantastic he's been. 

He's regressed in recent years but has always been worthy of place both on and off the pitch. A true credit to his profession and never shied away travelling half away across the world the pull on the green shirt for a friendly. You'll be missed Robbie but your place is history is assured :(

Really want to go this but ticketmaster has frozen with the demand spike!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Thierry Henry is the new assistant manager of the Belgian national team.

Actually he's second assistant alongside Graeme Jones. What a strange trio they've put together there with Martinez, I doubt many people expected that when Wilmots left.

• 2 weeks later...

Kosovo managed to grab a point away at Finland in their World Cup qually debut, drawing 1-1.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Lineker said:

If the Wales and Ireland don't take your fancy tonight, then Italy v Spain is on ITV4 from 19:25.

But The Apprentice is on 

• Admin
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just been reading up on the latest standings... what the hell happened in the Thailand v Australia game? No offence to the former, but outside of that game, they'd lost all their other matches, scoring 1 goal and conceding 10. Yet they draw 2-2 with the undefeated Australians!