FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Colly said:

The Premier League have confirmed that they won't be using VAR to adjudicate keepers coming off their line on penalties. Thank fuck.

Such a pity. It would be the perfect way to kill off VAR.

Here's one for you Myke that will make you roll over in your 1977 Anglo-Scottish Cup Winners commerative pyjamas. Due to having a central contract to her national team, Alex Morgan has more international caps (164) and goals (106) than first team league appearances (130) and goals (59). She also once joined Lyon on loan just so she could win a League, Cup and Champions League treble in just eight games.

Game's gone. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Here's one for you Myke that will make you roll over in your 1977 Anglo-Scottish Cup Winners commerative pyjamas. Due to having a central contract to her national team, Alex Morgan has more international caps (164) and goals (106) than first team league appearances (130) and goals (59). She also once joined Lyon on loan just so she could win a League, Cup and Champions League treble in just eight games.

... wat

15 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Cameroon just won at literally the last second. I didn't even think that was possible in Soccer

Its very possible. Why wouldn't it be possible?

I didn't mean it was literally not possible. I just meant most games I've seen which isn't a lot compared to you guys are usually decided way earlier, end in a tie or have the winning goal scored a few minutes before the end. This one was literally in the last couple seconds and if I have seen that before I don't remember it

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Cameroon just won at literally the last second. I didn't even think that was possible in Soccer

Goals change games whenever they are scored.

12 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I guess that's what I get for being excited about something without fact checking first :( 

Nothing wrong with being excited for it at all. It's not ridiculously common but does happen. It's part of that drama of football which is why so many of us love watching the game. Those last second goals are part of the drama and magic. As mentioned above the Champions League semi final between Ajax and Spurs was an incredible moment. I think a lot of people on here would think back to the last game of the season in the 2011/12 season when Manchester City and United were fighting for the title, after 90 minutes of game play Manchester United have won their game and City are losing at home. City score two goals in stoppage time including one with in the dying seconds to win the title. So not only was it the last seconds of the game but it was the last seconds of the whole 38 game season!

It's magical moments like this that make the game, so enjoy the moment!

• Like 2

bracket.png

RIP Spain and Nigeria, absolute brackets of death. Fairly confident that the match on 28th June is the de facto final, whoever wins that wins the tournament.

• Like 1