2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

I've been putting some token underdog bets on recently (Kosovo to beat Croatia was 125/1, no one off football game should ever be that high...), should've backed Luxembourg. On the plus side France's odds were so bad I didn't break my acca with them. 

32 minutes ago, MDK said:

I was checking on Wiki for Luxembourg related puns but got distracted because apparently 16% of the population is Portuguese. Interesting. 

Drawing 0-0 with the French is certainly something to Braga about.

• Like 1

I actually watched the second half of the France game. Luxembourg defended for their lives, and actually tried playing counter attack football - they even hit the post in the last ten minutes! 

As for their best result, apparently Luxembourg beat France once previously.... over 100 years ago. 

I read something ridiculous like Luxembourg have only ever scored 24 points in 132 qualifying games and 4 of them were in the last two.

There was something else doing the rounds about how the Faroes have had their best ever qualifying campaign to date with their win over Andorra.