UEFA Europa League 2016/17

Lineker

11 minutes ago, MDK said:

I cant decide if that was a really good, agricultural tackle or if it was verging on the dangerous.

The one he got booked for? Actually won the ball, and it was the force of it that hurt the Vigo player. Showed his studs though, so a yellow was fair.

• Like 1

The last few games Mourinho has been way too negative and it's costing us. He doesn't seem to get that United fans don't mind losing if we attack, but this defend deep at home to Celta Vigo stuff needs to stop, we were more than capable of putting a few past them but instead played awfully. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

He doesn't seem to get that United fans don't mind losing if we attack

Yeah, right.

• Like 5

Like fuck fans don't care if you lose but you attack. That's literally the point of the playing football. There's countless games that Newcastle bossed this year and got pipped with a single goal, its infuriating. Fucking Charlie Mulgrew, twice! Scrappy 1-0 wins every day over attacking 1-0 losses.

Jose is world class at grinding out results first and foremost, everything else is a bonus. United have him now and that's what they're getting. I don't think its a bad thing, but the simple difference is this year he's not getting the wins. The thing I'd hope for as a United fan is that he can squeak out a league title before he loses the dressing room.

Sticking 50 quid on the filth to win the final. I expect them to do it, but it's worth losing half a tonne to see them fuck up at the final hurdle. Can't see them challenging for the league if they've got CL to worry about as well, so win-win really

• Like 1

It was too negative last night at 1-0. We got through the first 15 where Celta started confidently, but once Fellaini scored, they were there for the taking I think. We have some great attacking players in the side and we need to have a go at Ajax in the final. Sitting back trying to win by the odd goal in that game will fuck us over. We don't need to park the bus against them. I am very worried about the final, but I would be anyway considering how much is riding on it. I almost had a heart attack during Guidetti's chance at the end.

Yeah when John Guidetti and Iago Aspas are carving up our defense it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. If Guidetti wasn't an appalling excuse for a footballer - honestly he's Bendtner levels of why is he even employed - we'd have lost last night, and badly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah when John Guidetti and Iago Aspas are carving up our defense it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. If Guidetti wasn't an appalling excuse for a footballer - honestly he's Bendtner levels of why is he even employed - we'd have lost last night, and badly.

Classy. 

The whole Aspas is shit narrative is one of my least favourite in recent years. Like, he's produced the goods everywhere except Liverpool and I don't know, maybe having just five starts isn't enough to properly see what someone is capable of. Who would have thought it?

Watched a few Celta games this season (adopted them as my Spanish team after they signed Sisto), and Guidetti has been solid. Looked less shit than fucking Pogba, and one of them was a free transfer. So maybe United fans shouldn't be calling people appalling excuses for footballers with some players they've produced and over hyped to oblivion. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Manchester United will receive no more than 9,500 tickets for the Europa League final in the 50,000-capacity Friends Arena in Stockholm.

How many tickets are Ajax getting?

5 hours ago, MDK said:

How many tickets are Ajax getting?

They'll get 9,500 I imagine and the other 31,000 will go to the friends of the UEFA family / sponsors.

Fucking piss take how fans of finalists get shafted by corporate bullshit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

They'll get 9,500 I imagine and the other 31,000 will go to the friends of the UEFA family / sponsors.

Fucking piss take how fans of finalists get shafted by corporate bullshit. 

What a joke. 

• 2 weeks later...