WWE 2K19

Owen

The GM and Story Mode screenshots got me momuntarily hyped :( 

Aside from the dated gameplay and shitty models, my fundamental problem with these games nowadays is that there isn't any acutal real game modes. In Smackdown vs Raw I used to pump hours into the season mode and even the RTWM stories were fun distractions. Reliving old moments like the Bryan showcase is fun but not a core game type of fun!

If Universe mode weren't more broken than Matt Hardy, I would probably buy these games every year because I've always enjoyed running sim feds and would love to see storylines just progress organically.

But since Universe is barely functional, I invariably have to go back to what I did back during the PS2 days and just sim random exhibition matches while the "stories" really only exist on paper.  And if I'm going to do that, Fire Pro is a billion times better for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

If Universe mode weren't more broken than Matt Hardy, I would probably buy these games every year because I've always enjoyed running sim feds and would love to see storylines just progress organically.

But since Universe is barely functional, I invariably have to go back to what I did back during the PS2 days and just sim random exhibition matches while the "stories" really only exist on paper.  And if I'm going to do that, Fire Pro is a billion times better for it.

Seems like a common theme with WWE games... :lol:

broken.PNG... 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Confirmed that all 11 Bryan models are separate characters.

Jesus.

Every year.

This matters not a single bit.

With the customization engine in these games ALL alt attires are separate characters. Every. Single. One. Even the ones you make. A single tic in a box makes them a skin for a character so that Universe ranking isn't wrecked but they still carry all the data for custom move sets and the possibility to be ranked as their own characters.

The only difference between 11 DB characters and 11 attires is you have to press down on the character select screen instead of left to get to them.

If you want showcase modes then you're getting multiple attires built in from the start.

The real bitch should be retro characters just being a modern model in old gear. That is very clearly morden day Cena in Yellow pants.

• Like 1

They lazily do that every year. Old man Kurt Angle with hair last year was terrifying.

It'd be understandable if their regular face scans were good and had to do this so it wouldn't stick out, but those suck too! It's laziness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

The only difference between 11 DB characters and 11 attires is you have to press down on the character select screen instead of left to get to them.

Yeah. And that's a massive pain in the ass, has an easy fix and is lazy as hell - something that is synonymous with how this game is handled each and every year.

If I want to get to Dean Ambrose, I shouldn't have to scroll past 11 Daniel Bryans. In a minor way, it also means that the random features is less well... random.

• Like 3