WWE 2K20

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a career/ one-player mode where you can create a wrestler and build him/her up? and

2. Is it online-dependent like NBA 2k is? I play my Switch on the go so am offline like 99% of the time and it sucks that I can't play MyCareer on NBA 2k.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2020 at 05:40, michgcs said:

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a career/ one-player mode where you can create a wrestler and build him/her up? and

Sort of...?

The main Campaign mode is a story thing, where in each section you play as a different fictitious wrestler.

The create mode is extremely limited, but there is a mode called Battleground Challenge or something like that, where you play as a created character and earn stats etc., but I don't think there's any storyline element. It feels more like a throwback to pre-Smackdown PS1 WWF games, where the "career" mode is just a procession of singles matches.

The game is awful nonsense, but not a bad time killer, and has raised a smile once or twice. I'm currently stuck in the career mode as whatever the Scottish woman is called, because the game crashes every time I try and win the Royal Rumble. Top notch stuff as always, 2k.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skummy said:

The game is awful nonsense, but not a bad time killer, and has raised a smile once or twice. I'm currently stuck in the career mode as whatever the Scottish woman is called, because the game crashes every time I try and win the Royal Rumble. Top notch stuff as always, 2k.

Thanks for answering; mindless fun is the type of game I'm looking for right now so this might fit right in :D

wasn't 2K20's engine or something based off of 2K18?

There's STILL people playing 2K19, and they decided to leave the servers up for that game since so many people are playing that version over the newer one. I say spend the money you would on 2K20 on 2K19 instead. Might not have a completely up to date roster, but it's by far better than 18 and 20.

EDIT: If it's just for him, though - yeah, maybe go for 20. 19 is still full price, while 20 has been on sale multiple times since and probably has a permanent price slash by now.

Edited by tristy