WWE 2K20

Did they ever fix the issues with this game? I need a WWE game for a Cube game I wanna setup and I'm wondering if it'd be worth moving to this for cheap. The main motivation would be a more active Community Creations.

28 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Did they ever fix the issues with this game? I need a WWE game for a Cube game I wanna setup and I'm wondering if it'd be worth moving to this for cheap. The main motivation would be a more active Community Creations.

I'm not even sure that Community Creations is that active right now, pretty sure a few(?) of the big CAW creators ended up boycotting 2K20 and plan on staying on 2K19 for as long as possible. Custom arenas from Community Creations are broken as well, as far as I know, so the experience on 2K19 might be better than 2K20's right now. I don't own the game on PS4 though so I'm not completely sure, this is just what I've heard within the community.

• Like 2

I'll echo Owen's thoughts, that seems to be the case.

Other than the odd new move or CAW attire piece (which might have their own glitch when applying a logo to it, or moves force you to gride through Towers/Story mode to unlock it even though you purchase the 'unlock all' accellarator dlc), it seems the game simply crashes-down around it. hard lock-ups in Universe Mode, especially when dealing with created arena's or wrestlers, that kind of thing. I'm back on 2019 myself, and I only do original caws.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

This series has a long history of features being removed for no good reason. I might not mind if they built on the modes that were in, but they hardly ever do.

Still not as bad as Madden, introducing a feature for one game and never having it again...

'Member the QB Vision Cone?

694940074001_5349536488001_5349469962001

'Member the Weapons System?

814491-madden_016.jpg

'Member Longshot Mode?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Still not as bad as Madden, introducing a feature for one game and never having it again...

'Member the QB Vision Cone?

694940074001_5349536488001_5349469962001

'Member the Weapons System?

814491-madden_016.jpg

'Member Longshot Mode?

hqdefault.jpg

how dare you post that triggering image of the Tavaris Jackson-era Vikings complete with bonus Troy "Stone Hands" Williamson cameo

On 09/03/2020 at 09:00, iDOL said:

I still don't understand why they dropped that awesome storyline creation mode from years ago. We got awesome creations like Zero's Zack Ryder US Title career story that made the replayability so much more.

Aw. That was one of my favorite things I've ever done in a video game. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is this finally in a playable state or am I better off just picking up 2K19?

edit: is free on Xbox temporarily, so I’ll go see how bad it is

• 2 weeks later...

Reports are saying that WWE 2K21 has been cancelled. 

Leeper notes that 2K will now be publishing a “different kind” of WWE video game later this year from a different developer.

Leeper added that back in December, there was a 50% chance that the game was canceled, then in January, it seemed as if WWE 2K21 was moving ahead and would be more or less the same as 2K20. Now the decision looks to be to scrap 2K21 altogether.

“I’m not a fan of bringing “bad news,” but it’s post-WrestleMania & I think fans deserve to know:
I’ve heard on good authority that WWE 2K21 has been cancelled.
However, another WWE branded game will enter the ring this year…”

“I don’t enjoy being negative.
I’m good at it! I don’t enjoy it.
I don’t enjoy delivering bad news.
For every 50 positive responses, there’s 1 acting like I killed their dog.
But ppl need to know:
Yuke’s was fired
2K20 was based on 2K18
2K21 isn’t coming out
If I gotta be the 1…”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-2k21-canceled/

4 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Why was it based on 18?

I believe because the game development changed hands the new developers started work on 2K20 based off of 2K18 while 2K19 was in production as well because they weren't confident they would get the game out in time.

EDIT: 2K19 was in production by the old developers still, to clarify.

• Like 1

Just now, RazorsEdge said:

I believe because the game development changed hands the new developers started work on 2K20 based off of 2K18 while 2K19 was in production as well because they weren't confident they would get the game out in time.

Yup. Visual Concepts did "some" work on 2K19 but it was largely Yuke's, then Visual Concepts took over development completely for 2K20.

• Like 1

With the ongoing pandemic, the chances of 2k21 coming out were very slim anyway. The development cycle of annual sports games is tight enough as it is, and Visual Concepts would already have been building on shaky foundations in the form of last year's game.