WWE 2K20

There’s an AMA session over on Reddit with a new executive producer of the WWE games. Will be interesting to see, perhaps the next WWE game will have a lot more fan input. 

Speaking of, I already saw that a creator, Defract I think, has been contacted by 2K to be involved with some creation ideas.

They've already done a few sessions that focused on different parts of the game directly I think. The series sorely needed it, and at this point I don't think it can be anything but good coming out of the whole process - it was getting dire.

It looks to me as though GM Mode is possibly the most requested feature. A season/story mode with branching paths would be enough for me. Obviously, the first priority is getting the game running better, but I've felt for a long time that the series needs to have something that gives it its soul back. It's a shame that last year's MyCareer Mode was wasted on a game that functioned so poorly.

• 1 month later...

WWE All-Stars was reminiscent of this and it's one of the only games that I go back to because the gameplay is fun - it's more of a multiplayer thing in that respect, but I still kinda like it.

Art style is kinda standard for arcadey versions of sports, scaled down from what they used to be I guess. I think they're proportional enough to not look like fat little babies, and good lord it's weird to say this - some of them look more like them than their 2K models.

27 minutes ago, metalman said:

In my experience these "wacky" sports games tend to be fun for about ten minutes and then you start wondering what the whole point of it was.

The art style is really weird. Why do they all look like fat little babies?

My expectations are along these lines. I can see it being fun for a few matches, but lacking in depth. Of course, it would be nice to be wrong about that.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

WWE All-Stars was reminiscent of this and it's one of the only games that I go back to because the gameplay is fun - it's more of a multiplayer thing in that respect, but I still kinda like it.

Art style is kinda standard for arcadey versions of sports, scaled down from what they used to be I guess. I think they're proportional enough to not look like fat little babies, and good lord it's weird to say this - some of them look more like them than their 2K models.

I just want you to be happy, so as long as you enjoy it that's fine with me.

They still look like fat little babies though : /

• 1 month later...

Someone at 2K must really Bo-Lieve cutting Keith Lee is a good idea.

I'd also say the Boogeyman is a really random choice, but he kinda makes sense with this kinda game?

Games like this I'd rather Boogeyman. I wish they'd go all out with the characters though and only put in wrestlers with gimmicks. Papa Shango, Ultimate Warrior, Giant Gonzales, The Goon, Fiend, Shock Master, Undertaker, and so on with a handful of top selling performers and legends. But with wacky games like this, if rather play as Doink than Daniel Bryan.

On 20/08/2020 at 01:45, BuddyAwesome said:

Games like this I'd rather Boogeyman. I wish they'd go all out with the characters though and only put in wrestlers with gimmicks. Papa Shango, Ultimate Warrior, Giant Gonzales, The Goon, Fiend, Shock Master, Undertaker, and so on with a handful of top selling performers and legends. But with wacky games like this, if rather play as Doink than Daniel Bryan.

Well, Immortals proved you can gimmick up Daniel Bryan... even if their low-tier version of him is literally "just him in street clothes", his high-tier versions were gimmicky and fit him well.

• 1 month later...