UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

Eh, Adrian is a  Premier League quality goalkeeper. It's always gonna be a drop off from Alisson though.

Madrid were kept in this tonight by Oblak.

• Like 1

It was REALLY bad by Adrian. He gave the tie away. But any sort of abuse or anything like that is just not okay. He made a mistake, like anyone can do. It's not the end of the world

Fine margins really. Oblak had a stormer of a game tonight. Another night we would have scored about 5 or 6. 

Annoying thing is it's been mistakes that's cost us but ah well that's football the finest of margins and errors can win you or cost you a game 

Onto the Ev on Monday and one step to finally winning the league 

• Like 1

I don't have any real hatred toward Liverpool but I'm glad they lost after their petted lip nonsense in the interview after the first leg.

tbf, he's probably better than Simon Mingolet.

Unlucky in the end. Could've easily won that and gone through. Oh well.

• Like 1

PSG, Leipzig, Atletico and Atalanta all through. Lyon and Man City could join them. All new or inexperienced sides at this stage really.

So I'm sure all it will lead to (providing coronavirus doesn't get the whole thing cancelled) is a less-than-amazing Barcelona or Real winning the trophy.

Last night showed the value of having a top keeper. 

I went to bed once Liverpool had made it 2-0 as I had to be up early for work, and I wouldn't have put money on Atleti getting one goal, never mind 3. Oblak kept them in the game and it was, ultimately, an Adrian error that allowed them back into the game. 

1 hour ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

Marca reporting that UEFA will be suspending both the Champions League and Europa League.

Official word is that games today will go ahead, and a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the UEFA competitions going forward including EURO 2020.

Makes most sense to push the Euros back and finish any competitions off in the summer. 

Although I was thinking would they stop them from training or anything? 

7 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Games today postponed

Europa League games are going ahead as far as I know? Main account for it and club accounts still tweeting about tonight's games as of 5mins ago. 

Apart from the two that were already called off anyway.