UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Utterly ridiculous move to sack the manager that just won them the league.

On the flip side. They barely won the league and limped over the finish line, they lost the Super Cup and the Coppa Italia finals and they've been pretty poor since the restart. 

I think which isn't really excusable but from murmurings that the players didn't exactly like him either. 

Still a bit mad like but don't think it's a coincidence as they seem dead certain on winning the Champions League and they've been knocked out in the last two seasons with both those managers being sacked

I don't think Allegri was sacked, was he? I thought he left, either my mutual consent or he just wanted to go, but I can't remember now.

Plus, Sarri was supposed to come in and play his attractive style of football like he did at Napoli, and make Juve the less pragmatic style they were with Allegri. He failed there massively, as Juve at times became even more pragmatic. 

I can't see Poch being a good fit for Juve, unless they're dead set on clearing out a bunch of the squad. Juve have a pretty aged core, and I think he would struggle to get Juve to play the kind of football he wants to play.

I'm sure Sarri will find work elsewhere fairly quickly. Having last year's Europe League and now Serie A on his CV will still make him look appealing. He could always replace Mourinho at Spurs to continue the trend of ex-Chelsea managers there xD

3 hours ago, MadJack said:

Utterly ridiculous move to sack the manager that just won them the league.

Nah, for once I think this actually makes sense. Juventus expect to win the league every year, that's a given.

They played poor football and the players didn't take to Sarri's style of play anyway. They invested in Cristiano Ronaldo who's now 35 and they need to win a Champions League to justify that investment. They're not going to do that with Sarri in the next 2-3 seasons and the squad needs a tiny overhaul too. Get a new manager in who'll have the players on side and maximise Cristiano's ability.

If you're getting knocked out in the last 16 to Lyon with Ronaldo in your team, then it's automatically time for a change.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Six of the eight quarter-finalists are teams that haven't won the competition before. I'd rather one of them went all the way than see Barcelona or Bayern win again. I think I'll be rooting for Atalanta.

Basically rooting for all the underdogs, Atalanta, Lyon, Leipzig, even Atleti (though them a bit less). Hoping Bayern, Barca and Man City stumble (although I do like Bayern a lot). PSG I’m still on the fence with a little, I feel like a lot of their players deserve their moment, but not the team, specifically.