UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

The fun thing about it this year is with it being one offs from here, anything can happen now. The underdogs have a big advantage, especially an Atletico who are so defensive. But Atalanta to just win it all please

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I can see City winning it now.

Anyone but City please. 

1 hour ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

The fun thing about it this year is with it being one offs from here, anything can happen now. The underdogs have a big advantage, especially an Atletico who are so defensive. But Atalanta to just win it all please

PSG can't flap it over two legs now. Got no excuses!

• Haha 1

Atalanta, Lyon, Atletico Madrid, RB Leipzig, Man City, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich. That's my order of preference.

The first three are so decided because they aren't "money" teams; Atalanta are probably the biggest underdogs and Madrid have made it to finals before, which is why those three are in the order they are. After that, RB Leipzig edge above City just because City have been so dominant in English football recently, but they're still above the last three because PSG, Barcelona and Munich just win too much domestically and have for a while. PSG nab fifth as the last team not to have already won the Champions League and Barca are above Munich because the latter knocked out Chelsea :shifty:

A Man City / Barca semis would actually be exciting because Messi and KDB are arguably the two best players in the world right now, but also only the worst want City to win and the rest of Barcelona definitely don’t deserve it for their performance this season. Would Atléti to win for Simeone, but again, they beat Liverpool so :angry:

Leipzig, Lyon and Atalanta are definitely the most interesting ones, because they’d all win it coming from leagues being dominated by a completely different team. It’s a shame Leipzig that Lyon’s suffocating but still leaky defence probably doesn’t bode well against City. My hopes are for a Lyon / Bayern and Atalanta / Leipzig semis, with a Lyon / Atalanta finals. 

It's interesting to see people rooting against the teams that knocked their favourite sides out. There are some who would want the team that beat your own to be the one to win the whole thing. That way, you can say that it took the eventual champions to beat your team.

49 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It's interesting to see people rooting against the teams that knocked their favourite sides out. There are some who would want the team that beat your own to be the one to win the whole thing. That way, you can say that it took the eventual champions to beat your team.

I want Barcelona to win because they eliminated  Slavia Prague who eliminated CFR Cluj who eliminated Celtic who finished one place above Rangers who finished one place above Kilmarnock.

That way, I can say it took the eventual champions to beat the team who beat the team who beat the team who beat the team who beat my team.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, metalman said:

I want Barcelona to win because they eliminated  Slavia Prague who eliminated CFR Cluj who eliminated Celtic who finished one place above Rangers who finished one place above Kilmarnock.

That way, I can say it took the eventual champions to beat the team who beat the team who beat the team who beat the team who beat my team.

This person gets it.

• Like 1

• Admin

Atlético Madrid have confirmed two positive cases of coronavirus following testing carried out on Saturday. Both individuals are self-isolating at home as part of quarantine conditions.

The Spanish club are due to play RB Leipzig in the Champions League quarter-finals on Thursday, travelling to Portugal for the revised conclusion of the competition.

A club statement said: “Among the results known today, two positives have appeared, which are isolated in their respective homes.”

The statement continued: “The results were immediately communicated to the Spanish and Portuguese health authorities, to Uefa, to the Spanish Football Federation, to the Portuguese Federation and to the National Sports Council.

“In addition, the corresponding protocol of action planned for these cases has been activated, which requires the implementation of new PCR tests for the first team and members of the expedition to Lisbon and to the close contacts of the positive cases, and which motivates changes in the training schedules, in the structure and development of the trip and the accommodation in the Portuguese capital.

“The club will coordinate the new schedules with Uefa and as soon as there is a new plan it will be made public. It also calls for maximum respect for the identity of the two positive cases.”

Eurgh, gutted for Atalanta :( 

3 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

After an entertaining first 30 minutes this has just turned into an ugly match with so many cards.

After the first half they were basically on fumes. There was no way they were gonna’ be able to press so high for the full 90.