Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

If we had to lose to anyone, at least it was Denmark. I reckon the amount of travel we’ve had for this tournament was a bigger factor than the referee mind, while team just looked shattered early on. Ah well, back to dining out on 2016 until the next one. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'll be a dissenting voice and suggest that I think that type of tackle should be a red all day long. He was nowhere near the ball, was petulant and could have injured someone due to a childish tantrum of a tackle. 

It probably isn't by the letter of the law, but I hate tackles like that as they run the risk of injuring the player with the ball and are completely needless.

I'm with you completely. That sort of "tackle" is an intentional foul and is dangerous, all because he's having a paddy that his team are losing. He should be embarrassed.

I don't see how this referee has had such a bad game. He's missed the foul on Moore before the 2nd, aye, but aside from that I don't see any glaring mistakes.

Denmark were by far the better side today and Wales had no answer. But they still got out of the group and had a solid enough tournament. I do wonder if that was it for Bale though.

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Happy to support Denmark now, tbh.

Join us. *moves over to make space*

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I'll be a dissenting voice and suggest that I think that type of tackle should be a red all day long. He was nowhere near the ball, was petulant and could have injured someone due to a childish tantrum of a tackle. 

It probably isn't by the letter of the law, but I hate tackles like that as they run the risk of injuring the player with the ball and are completely needless.

I think they would see it as a blatant attempt to sabotage Denmark's next round, and done so impulsively that it could have easily caused injury. Agree with this.

Arnautovic is booked within a minute, basically. I can see Austria getting absolutely obliterated tonight.

Yeah I'm more than a little concerned, particularly as Insigne and Berardi seem incapable of doing anything meaningful when they get the ball. Spinazzola continues to be superb however.

Good effort from Immobile there.

Austria have been pretty amazing, constantly moving but keeping a solid shape. It's almost like Austria have adapted perfectly, while Italy have come out and tried the same old expecting the same results. If Alaba gets the ball on the break in a good position I can see Austria going ahead with no real answer from Italy. It's like they are running into a brick wall.