Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

3 minutes ago, damshow said:

We had Steve McManaman doing the same on ESPN over.

I don't really see the complaint here, do commentary teams need one of each position to be able to analyse each player? It wasn't in the corner and while it's a good hit it's gettable by a goalkeeper with adult scale arms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

I don't really see the complaint here, do commentary teams need one of each position to be able to analyse each player? It wasn't in the corner and while it's a good hit it's gettable by a goalkeeper with adult scale arms.

His criticism made it sound like Pickford just watched it go in. I thought the effort was good and, yes, a taller keeper with longer arms would have gotten it.

• Like 1

Just now, damshow said:

His criticism made it sound like Pickford just watched it go in. I thought the effort was good and, yes, a taller keeper with longer arms would have gotten it.

Apols, I hadn't heard McManaman so that is harsh, but Neville's suggestion was simply he could've done better. Should have quoted that one...

A lot of tiredness, but that's expected. It's been a tough tournament and the pace of this game has been relentless.

I can see England getting a winner, they have more depth for the later stages of the game. That being said, extra time or penalties will probably mindfuck them into a loss.

• Like 1