MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

Lot of scheduling reasons to take the weekend off for both leagues, but there will be teams who finish their series on Wednesday and don't play until the following Monday which is an incredibly long break in terms of baseball. But gotta have that time off for the bubble set-up as much as anything.

The A's game today was a nail biter, and I was having to focus on breathing deeply every so often. I hope they crush the Astros, just as they did in the regular season. I don't know if they can make it past the Yankees or Rays, but one can always hope.

On 01/10/2020 at 16:55, B-li Manning said:

The Reds played 22 innings of playoff baseball and scored 0 runs.

I watched part of the first game, and the problem is that the hitters couldn't hit, and the manager was putting pinch hitters who would have been in the minors if the minors had been going on. For instance, when you have a batter who has a .170 BA in 23 games, you might as well just leave the pitcher in. Left far too many on base with people in scoring positions for this to be acceptable. If David Bell doesn't go, whoever their batting coach is should.