MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

50 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Regarding Turner, since he was celebrating, would fining him his World Series winners' bonus, in addition to whatever they might hand down, be a good move?

Wow where's the trademark GhostMachine creativity?  What's this sensible bullshit?  Shouldn't he have to cut off his beard, be forced to live in Sacramento and have to wear a mask for the rest of this playing career?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Just in time for free agency.

Funny enough, he mentioned as much in his statement.  "We will be working this weekend to a quick close as free agency opens on Sunday night."

Also in his statement, he announced he was giving $17.5 million to NYC-based grants and assistance to small businesses hurt by the pandemic (likely this was what de Blasio was negotiating with him for as a condition of signoff).

And he reiterated a pledge he made a few weeks ago:  every Mets employee has had their full salary reinstated and every employee will receive full backpay from the salary cuts they've been under since March, valued at $7 million.

• Like 1

To second the earlier comments, most of the Mets (and Jets) fans are on Long Island.  North of the City, its a lot of Yankees (and Giants).

In Connecticut, the Mets are a distant third behind the Yankees and Red Sox.  I'm originally from the Red Sox side, and only knew one Mets fan out there.  But when I went to college out on the west side, I still didn't know that many Mets fans.