MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

13 hours ago, damshow said:

Red Sox have rehired Alex Cora as their manager because he served his "punishment".

Completely not surprised.  It seemed inevitable when that one year suspension came down.

Cora's return seems to have drawn more drama or controversy than Hinch.

5 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

Completely not surprised.  It seemed inevitable when that one year suspension came down.

Cora's return seems to have drawn more drama or controversy than Hinch.

Because Hinch went to a different team. Cora going back to Boston is essentially them acting like nothing ever happened. Bunch of dirty cheaters who learned nothing. 

Marcus Stroman has accepted the Mets' qualifying offer.  Feels like this was a no-brainer decision for him.  Yes even without throwing a pitch he still would've been one of the top starting pitchers in a weak market, but COVID is forcing so many teams to tighten their belts.  He's always been a confident guy, take the $18.9 million and bet on yourself.

Very happy with this after the black hole that was Mets starting pitching in 2020.  Also means maybe they'll get something for that Kay/Woods-Richardson trade after all.  And with Cohen now at the helm they can still add from here, under the Wilpons this would have ended the offseason already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I usually don’t miss baseball super much until Winter Meetings but the shortened season has moved that up this year. I’ve spent more time than I care to admit on baseballtradevalues figuring out a way for the Yanks to trade for Lindor.

Is it spring training yet? :( 

We all know he's going to LA.