MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

Archie Bradley, David Dahl, and Adam Duvall were a couple other bigger names to get non-tendered. 

The Yanks don’t need any more outfielders but seeing Duvall’s left handed bat in the Bronx could be neat. The guy hit 16 homers in the short season. Put him in this lineup with that short porch and he could easily hit 45 or so.

Sounds like it's really just a matter of time before LeMahieu goes back to the Yanks, and he'll take less to stick around.  Mets are said to be his backup choice because of his desire to stay in New York but given the construction of their roster I'm not sure I see a fit.  Cano's suspension opens the door for McNeil at 2B and JD Davis at 3B full-time.

The sticking point between DJ and the Yanks is apparently him holding out for a 5th year, which I don't know if any team in baseball would give him.  I think the Yanks will wind up giving him four years with a vesting option.

4 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Maybe we should try cheating like your Red Sox. That seems to do the trick. 

The Red Sox were cleared of cheating....

Meanwhile, cheating is probably about the only way the Yankees would even make it to a World Series any time soon.

Winter Meetings next week and the league and union are still haggling over Universal DH in 2021.  Everyone expects it to be in next year's CBA, but the league wants something in return to bring it back before then.

Nelson Cruz will have no problem finding work but obviously his value only goes up if the other half of the league is now able to sign him.  A guy who might be hurt by this even more is someone like Marcell Ozuna.  Braves really want him back but not if he has to play the field every day.