MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

30 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

And Mackenzie Gore is one of the highest rated pitching prospects in the league, and is expected to debut at some point in 2021.

The fact nobody got him in one of these transactions is a testament to how some teams just love cutting payroll over actually retooling and rebuilding.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, I was shocked he wasn’t going to Chicago after he wasn’t included in the Tampa trade.

At least with Chicago it could be argued by SD not to include him because they have made it clear they're in the process of reconstructing the roster and cutting some bigger contracts. TB was 2 wins away from winning the World Series, they should need all the incentive in the world to unload their ace.

Should we make an off-season thread?

Anyway, Boog Sciambi will be replacing Len Kasper for Cubs baseball broadcasts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I don’t think anyone but Lineker can make new threads. :shifty: 

Also Boston finally did something they can be proud of and have hired Bianca Smith, the first ever black female pro baseball coach.

Yeah, but now I can edit other people's thread titles. Mwhahahaha.

We can keep this thread going and start a new thread for the 2021 season around Spring Training.

2 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Jeff Passan is saying the Lindor to the Mets trade is nearly finalized. 

Ah, we'll see what the return is but I was a little hopeful he'd go to the Jays. There is fair concern why they shouldn't have done it so I'm not too worried.

37 minutes ago, damshow said:

Holy shit that trade is beyond highway robbery. Like David Stern vetoed the Chris Paul trade for less.

Cubs and Cleveland should both be ashamed for what they got in return for their trades. Makes me wonder why Cashman didn’t jump in with an offer. I can only imagine because Lindor is going to want a Cole-sized contract next year and Hal is putting the belt around the budget like never before.