MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

3 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Hank Aaron has passed away at age 86.

The legit all-time Home Run Leader is gone! :crying: 

i hate the Braves with a passion, but Hank Aaron was still one of my favorites. Totally classy guy, and legitimately cared about the sport even after he retired. Out of all the recent baseball player deaths, Aaron and Lasorda hit me the most. Lasorda and Sparky Anderson were my all-time favorite managers.

Edited by GhostMachine
letter got omitted somehow

Mets supposedly offered more money and years to Hand than the Nats but he preferred the one year deal where he'd be guaranteed to close.  Mets probably wanted him setting up for Diaz who, as much as I complained about him in 2019, was money last year.  The Wilpons still owned the team when Hand went through waivers and their cheap asses were never gonna claim him in case something fell through.

Can't really blame Hand.  At this point, trying to re-set your market is probably the safer bet.  Would've been a reallllly nice bullpen add, though.

Yankees are trading Adam Ottavino and a prospect (presumably on the 40-man) to...Boston :o 

Gotta make space for Kluber, DJ, and Tallion and I’d imagine they’ll make a run at Shane Greene now with the money they saved moving Otto.

Edit: I stand corrected; it’s Frank German, minor league pitcher and rival to Dave Japan.

I was playing on Baseball Trade Values earlier thinking they’d send Otto to Philly or Queens. Not Boston though. Never Boston.

• Like 1

I was anti-DH for a long time but having watched it for an abbreviated season I want it and I can't deny that it benefits the composition of the Mets for the foreseeable future.

Right now, their outfield would be Dom Smith in LF and Brandon Nimmo in CF.  Horrendous defensively.  Getting Jackie Bradley Jr in CF would greatly improve the defense, but it would downgrade the lineup as Dom would get pushed out.  The DH solves that issue, actually Dom is a better defensive 1B than Alonso so I suspect Pete would be DH'ing a ton.