EWBFF Dean Spanos League

HC

Draft  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Add 15th round
    • Stay at 14

Chubb ❤️ 

Wasn't expecting to make the play-offs after a recent downturn in form, but I'll take 4th place! Huzzah! I look forward to getting destroyed this week. 

1 hour ago, Ace Berimmer said:

I stayed up til 5am for that... 

Hey, you got to see the Browns play in the game of the year on the bright side (a loss albeit but still)!

Playoff expansion will be voted on next season so we avoid another scenario like this (assuming we play another 12 team league). Sucks to see 9-5 teams sitting out.

Edited by HC

1 hour ago, HC said:

Hey, you got to see the Browns play in the game of the year on the bright side (a loss albeit but still)!

Playoff expansion will be voted on next season so we avoid another scenario like this (assuming we play another 12 team league). Sucks to see 9-5 teams sitting out.

count me as already a +1 on play-off expansion assuming 12 or more teams. 

Yeah, definitely for expansion. I'm not necessarily upset about missing out, because the teams in it are all extremely solid, but it hurts to see still. 

I would like to throw out there as a thought, and I'm not sure if this is possible, but semi Best Ball rules possibly for discussion. Allow waivers and trades, but with best ball scoring on the week.

While I was definitely a recipient of a nice easy win last week, it feels hollow when that was only because they had Burrow still at QB

I don’t want to take lineup decisions out of the league, and honestly, I don’t think that’s a yahoo setting? I could be wrong. 

We always have really strong participation in the league. It was unfortunate one team was abandoned which does happen to us  some years but the other 11 showed up which is honestly better attendance than some of my money leagues. 

I might consider some type of formal rule where I take over abandoned teams to ensure they field a proper lineup

Edited by HC

10 minutes ago, HC said:

I don’t want to take lineup decisions out of the league, and honestly, I don’t think that’s a yahoo setting? I could be wrong. 

We always have really strong participation in the league. It was unfortunate one team was abandoned which does happen to us  some years but the other 11 showed up which is honestly better attendance than some of my money leagues. 

I might consider some type of formal rule where I take over abandoned teams to ensure they field a proper lineup

DICTATORSHIP

When this kind of thing comes up, I do it one time, and only if they've got like a massively empty lineup.  Anything beyond that is pointless, if the person managing the team doesn't want to actually manage the team, why should their team get to be competitive? 

As for playoff expansion, duh, welcome to modern times. :rolleyes:  (I know, I know, current format is leftover from the 10 team days)

i vote for playoff abolition tbh. has nothing to do with the face that i'm now a 3-time regular season champ and a (this season pending) 0-time actual champ. nothing at all. why would you even think that

• Haha 1

TEAM COMPARISONS

Forbes - 90s Bills - dominant regular seasons playoff choker

berober - Saints. 1 title. Always in the hunt

maxx - cowboys - elitist legacy team (Except he has won a title in 25 years)

Me - Steelers (only 3 time champ aka title town)

DYSI - browns (he disbanded and returned as an expansion team)

DFF - Falcons. Likeable and talented but no title. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HC said:

TEAM COMPARISONS

Forbes - 90s Bills - dominant regular seasons playoff choker

berober - Saints. 1 title. Always in the hunt

maxx - cowboys - elitist legacy team (Except he has won a title in 25 years)

Me - Steelers (only 3 time champ aka title town)

DYSI - browns (he disbanded and returned as an expansion team)

DFF - Falcons. Likeable and talented but no title. 

You think I am likeable and talanted <3.

But yeah, I do yoyo up and down too, which is quite Falcons-ish. I also have one runner up spot to my name too.

As for the other bits - I would say leave best ball out (I would happily play a best ball league in addition though - draft strat is a bit different).

Was a tough situation to be in. If he just sat, I had Tyron Johnson who put up 15. At the end of the day I went for the simple route instead of overthinking. Will need a little luck to win but not over yet