EWBFF Dean Spanos League

HC

Draft  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Add 15th round
    • Stay at 14

In the A League, a trade of Russell Wilson for DeVante Adams was vetoed.

In the B League Aaron Rodgers was traded for 3 backups and Drew Brees is about to be traded for Evan Engram.

Is that supposed to make it seem more justified?  Its a TE swap where the players have scored 83 vs 80 points on the year, but for some reason a player who has scored 206 points on the year was needed to grease the wheels and make it work.  That's some serious love for Evan Engram.

We don't have trade veto in this league, and its your team, so do what you like but that's an absurdly lopsided trade.  But given that you got the good end of the absurdly lopsided Rodgers trade, I suppose it evens out.

That was more to point out that there was a ton of debate over on the A League as to whether or not you could trade one of the best QBs in the league for one of the best WRs in the league and have it be fair.  Meanwhile here it's almost the polar opposite.

Trades should never be vetoed unless its a last placed team trading its best players to a team towards the tops of the rankings.

Off topic from that, anybody interested in Mike Evans or Lamar Jackson? I'll trade them for a kicker...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Trades should never be vetoed unless its a last placed team trading its best players to a team towards the tops of the rankings.

Off topic from that, anybody interested in Mike Evans or Lamar Jackson? I'll trade them for a kicker...

Funny enough, I have two kickers on my roster...

Yeah, I don't think a veto should be used outside of anything that is basically cheating. If someone wants to make a lopsided trade, sure leave it. 

I don't like the Brees/Fant for Engram one, but if they both want to do it then have at it. 

As for the one in the other league, if it was straight swap between Wilson and Adams, I I would have been perfectly happy to let that slide. Its a top 5 WR for a top 5 QB and, whilst the points scoring favours QBs, if the person trading away Wilson was happy to do it then they must have felt they had a solid alternative option and that Adams upgraded their WR/Flex enough to justify it. 

you guys know my policy is to approve trades unless I feel there is active collusion. I don't think it's the best trade for DYSI to make and I will have to face Brees this week because of it but you're all adults!

BANGS GAVEL

Edited by HC
  • Like 2