The January Transfer Window - 2021

Lineker

Always rated him... 

In all seriousness it's a low risk move and makes sense. Don't have to deregister anyone in terms of quotas, it's a cheap fee and he could potentially become a long term back up for the squad. 

I cannot remember a deadline day where Liverpool did anything since the Torres out and Suarez/Andy Carroll in one.

Yet apparently all the defenders are coming in today. Never heard of a single one of them  :shifty:

this is the best get we can get today, I think. We've been scouting him for 18 months now.

I'm not sure if it translates to the same, but James Pearce and Melissa Reddy both are saying the future optional fee is only £18 million. That's a potentially great steal.

I watched the last few Transfer Deadline Days coverage on Sky Sports News, just because we've been stuck in the house so why not when we're doing other things or work, but all they do all day is flit about 15 different reporters stood outside stadiums waffling about the big load of nothing that's happening.

59 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

this is the best get we can get today, I think. We've been scouting him for 18 months now.

I'm not sure if it translates to the same, but James Pearce and Melissa Reddy both are saying the future optional fee is only £18 million. That's a potentially great steal.

The no obligation to buy is a good deal for us. Can see if it's someone that we want to keep around the club long-term of not. 

• Like 1

It's good business from Liverpool considering that they don't need long term or top quality solutions right now. What they need is extra bodies of a decent standard. And the prospect of playing himself into a transfer to Liverpool should be all the motivation Ozan needs to make that step up if he can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Pretty sure that's everyday. That, or report a rumour based on a transfer you saw happen on Football Manager.

Given how often I've seen eventual real-life transfers happen on FM games (most vividly remembering Spurs always signing Modric on FM07), its worth a go.

Yeah the more I'm thinking about this the more I'm really happy about landing Kazan. It's a small loan fee, a very reasonable transfer fee, he's pretty two footed from what I remember, will have a huge point to prove, and if he stays, can be a very solid squad player in the future since every CB we have is injury prone, or VVD, who is coming off of a significant injury and can't be expected to come right back as the same player.

They've also taken Maitland Niles on loan from us. Love AMN but he never really gets consistent minutes so it'll be good to see where he plays.

In other news, Newcastle have signed Willock on loan as well and in what is quite possibly the best move in the whole window, we've terminated Mustafis contract.

Really hope Ødegaard does well but man it's so exciting to see us just be completely ruthless with the dead wood for once. A whole lot of contracts that we are getting nothing in return for but if it means we get a clean break and can properly rebuild I'm here for it.

• Like 1

Minamino meant to be going to Southampton on loan. 

Don't blame the move really. He's behind Shaqiri and Origi (somehow)  and with Jota to return I can't see him getting any game time