Holiday Gaming

RPS

What are you all going to spend your time gaming this Holiday? Anyone thinking Santa is going to bring them anything nice on Christmas Day that they can spend the Holiday break gaming? 

I know my hubby is giving me a Steam gift card and I will probably pick up Spelunky 2. 

• Like 1

This is actually the first year that I will not be getting any video games. I actually gave my PS4 to my nephew for Christmas because we couldn't seem to find a PS4 around here, and then bought him a couple of games to go with it. I spend way too much time playing one game that it just didn't make sense to me to buy anymore. Until I pick up a PS5 that is because honestly, even though I don't need it, I like to have the new gen Sony systems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forky said:

This is actually the first year that I will not be getting any video games. I actually gave my PS4 to my nephew for Christmas because we couldn't seem to find a PS4 around here, and then bought him a couple of games to go with it. I spend way too much time playing one game that it just didn't make sense to me to buy anymore. Until I pick up a PS5 that is because honestly, even though I don't need it, I like to have the new gen Sony systems.

Such a great uncle, Forky. 

I assume you have a smart phone, so pick up Among Us which is free and get your family into it. I assume your nephew already plays. 

Gonna play some more Last of Us 2, into the 2nd half of the game now. It's typical of me to buy it on release day and only start playing when I could have bought it for £20 less, but there we are.

I think we're getting Moving Out as it's on sale at PSN. We played through most of it when I had Game Pass for PC, but 12 quid won't break the bank. Fun couch co op option for the 3 of us. We're going to order some food in, play a game and watch a Christmas film tomorrow evening.

24 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've started Hades and that will be something I keep coming back to. Thanks to the recommendations on here, and thanks also to Game Pass, I'm also playing Monster Train. It's good fun and I can play it in short sessions, which is handy.

Hit me up if you need any tips on Hades or Monster Train! 

5 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Mostly multiplayer gaming with Siege, Fifa, Stardew Valley etc.

By myself? Void Bastards and Civ 6.

I started playing Void Bastards but something was missing for me. Maybe I'll hop back in.

• Like 1

I know my parents got me an Xbox gift card, but I don't think I'm going to use it on anything yet.  Just started Jedi Fallen Order last night and loved what I played, so I'll be working on that, Cyberpunk and maybe some NBA2K

More Fall Guys. It just hits the spot for me right now. We’ll also be Zooming with some friends to play Jackbox Party Pack 7. There’s lot of good stuff in there.

I recently received some serious back pay and a couple of Visa gift cards, so I might finally buy a Switch. But I need to think about it more as we have quite a few medical bills lately.

• Like 2

Still playing Cyberpunk. After that, if I have time, I dunno.

I have a hunch that my wife got me a Switch for Christmas; I haven't snooped or anything but there has been lots of odd questions and some conversations regarding the switch the past few months lol. 

I'm still playing Fallout 4 (I know I'm five years late but hey ho, it cost a tenner) but I know my partner has bought me Fifa 21 for Christmas so we can play together, and I believe another friend is buying me Horizon: Zero Dawn and lending me his copies of Jedi: Fallen Order and maybe something else too. So I'm well stocked up!

Now that Christmas has basically been cancelled we'll likely spend most of the next few days playing games, which is not the worst thing in the world.

• Like 1

I'm intending to start Fallen Order on Christmas Day, at some point doing my annual "random online game of FIFA against someone else who isn't celebrating Christmas".

I also have NBA2K21, Mortal Kombat 11, a re-play of Bugsnax, Project Cars 2 which I just bought for £6, Arkham Knight because why not and my mobile games as back-up plans. 

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Seems like a lot of people are playing Fallen Order. Is it hard?

There are difficulty settings, so it's not like the Souls games in that regard. The most difficult part is sometimes working out where you're supposed to go because the maps are quite labyrinthine.