2021 MLB Season / 21-22 Offseason Thread

The Buscher

Here comes Cameron Maybin. He's the oldest player on the team. At age 34, it's a miracle he can even still walk let alone play baseball.

:crying:

It's just dumb - the Twins are my team and I am not upset about this. Don't want this to happen - don't give up 15 MFing runs the rest of the game and toss out a guy who can barely chuck BP to pitch. 

I remember complaining in high school when we were getting the score run up on us in football and our coach barked back that if we didn't like to get our asses out there and play defense.

Also, idk if there are performance clauses in MLB contracts, but if they are and this guy came up 1 HR short after taking a walk because LaRussa got mad at him, is LaRussa paying the bonus that he lost?

• Like 1

Yermin Mercedes is eligible for arbitration after this season, so putting up good numbers will boost his pay by millions. If I'm in that situation, I'm swinging away.

• Like 4

His last MLB home run came on September 23, 2019. And I'm beginning to think there's some finality to that. Next year is the final year of the worst baseball contract in history and with the prospects really starting to push their way into the major leagues there simply will not be space for him.

I have no idea if they DFA him before he at least can show up to spring training with a new and improved swing, look terrible as always, and maybe spend 3 weeks on the roster in April. But I'm really thinking it's coming. He can't possibly be on the active roster long-term next season.

This is a hip injury but he was dealing with a lumbar strain in spring.  I believe I have one of those right now, no idea how I caused it but I think I slept in a bit of an awkward position on Sunday night into Monday.  Three days in and I've got very sharp pain in the lower-mid part of my left back.  Lean too much on my left side or right side and it hurts, if I get stressed and tense my whole back I get a shooting pain unlike anything I've felt before, but it only lasts for like two seconds.

Can't imagine trying to swing a bat with this thing.