2021 MLB Season / 21-22 Offseason Thread

The Buscher

I wouldn't even mind it if it was an actual "Woo" but it's them doing it in a shrill half-Woo/half-howl at the moon sound. I had to mute it. It made my head hurt right between my eyebrows. I don't think I've ever experienced a sound that had that kind of affect on me before. :lol: 

On 25/04/2021 at 16:37, Meacon Keaton said:

I had a moment like this at work the other day. Got a resume' for someone born in 2002. I graduated in 2003. I saw it, laughed thinking it was a joke or mistake, and then realized that yes, I'm the old-timer now. :(

Now I've had a moment like this today too!  If you were to tell me we were hiring a 20, soon to be 21 year old, I'd have given it no thought.  But entering his new hire info and seeing the date of birth as 7/31/2000 completely messed with me as a 2007 graduate.

I think I still viewed everyone from my high school class as kids for years, even after we'd all finished college and were working and some got married and had kids.  Just keeping up with friends and seeing acquiantances on FB, in my mind everyone looked the same as we used to.

And then the 10-year reunion rolls around and even though I wasn't going, I still decided to break out the yearbook for old times sake.  It was at that moment that I looked at those pictures and realized with horror that we all looked like babies.

Matt Barnes strikes out the side basically effortlessly to close it out.  Boston wins 1-0.  The teams combined for 7 hits and 30 strikeouts.

So many players around the league are doing nothing but taking helpless home run cuts every at-batband this might kill interest way more than any terrible rule changes will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Speaking of masterful pitchers...we may have lost 10-0 but my favorite Cub Rizzo struck out NL MVP Freddie Freeman and still has a 0.00 ERA :lol: 

I just watched the video on MLB.com and the smiles on both their faces after it happened was just great. Rizzo's going to have that ball encased in gold on his shelf.

Yeah the thing that's going to "save baseball" are these young guys who just have a ton of fun being allowed to constantly have a ton of fun. For how serious a sport football and how intense guys get during plays you'll sometimes even see in between plays opposing players yucking it up. And then after games it's a lovefest. NBA is even more prominent with that, you'll have players ask how the wife and kids are, then drop a vicious dunk on them 10 seconds later.

• Like 5

On 29/04/2021 at 11:40, damshow said:

Yeah the thing that's going to "save baseball" are these young guys who just have a ton of fun being allowed to constantly have a ton of fun. For how serious a sport football and how intense guys get during plays you'll sometimes even see in between plays opposing players yucking it up. And then after games it's a lovefest. NBA is even more prominent with that, you'll have players ask how the wife and kids are, then drop a vicious dunk on them 10 seconds later.

I have always thought that what happens in a game is part of the game but if you're hitting vicious dunks on a dude's family that is a step too far.

• Haha 1