What online games are/were you good at?

9 to 5

23 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Actually, I (along with @Maxx and @rocksta) was really good at Left 4 Dead online back in the day. Never lost a match! 

Occasionally to this day I wonder what UrineTrouble is up to now...

haha wait I know someone who uses the username UrineTrouble, although it's probably weirdly more common than that.

On 19/04/2021 at 16:53, Kaney said:

First online game I played on the PS3 was MGO with you! Good times for sure.

Certainly was! Not done anything together in years. :(

On 19/04/2021 at 17:06, King Ellis said:

I was always atrocious at any shooter game, like playing CoD or Gears 

Gears 2 I was good at even if it was mostly just shotgun city battles. With the better balancing of weapons in Gears 3 I like to think I actually got even better in it.

23 hours ago, Bad News Jericode said:

None (just before Cymbols chimes in).

I was pretty good at Laser League when we briefly played that. Otherwise yeah my ability has gone to shit.

I think we were the best team on that, which is mental considering it's us. >_>

You were also very good at deathmatches on GTA which made me jealous when we first played together.

22 hours ago, Baddar said:

Myself, the missus and @9 to 5 got to a level on PUBG where we felt we could compete and had a chance to win in every game we played because of our play-style. Not bad for a group of oldies.

You mean jump out away from anything that resembled civilization and run away from everything? Yeah, it was a good solid tactic!

1 hour ago, Subject Delta said:

Got pretty decent at Last of Us 1 multiplayer at one point in time. There was a period I was consistently top two players each game I played. I tend to be pretty average at most games.

I was decent at this too and loved how you had to work as a team to be good rather than rely/hope you had a player or two who could go ham. Shame the DLC weapons messed with the balance of the game.

I was pretty decent at Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 back in the day, Wasn't too bad at COD 4 when it came out and now with MW it carries over a little.

Would have to say I was most above average at running NR2003 online, A collection of wins in Online Leagues ect. Wish I had of known then how big Sim Racing would have gotten in my time away from it.

At certain points I was obscenely good at Halo 2 and Mario Kart Wii. If there was a national tournament I think I'd have placed quite well, but I've never been that amazing at anything else.

I have a wiki-like knowledge of Pokémon and have considered entering national championships since the mid-2000s. Even now I could probably pick up the new mechanics and metagame and win tournaments. Cheap tricks, chance rates and knowing the finite nature of the stats is really all you need. Still a lot of luck involved.

I've won a few Street Fighter II and Street Fighter IV tournaments locally, but no one who was taking it seriously or anything. I play as Dee Jay and he can be quite easily countered, so if a serious player came along I'd have to get serious and I'd get bored and lose interest. As is the nature of fighting games. I used to think I was good at Smash Bros Melee and Marvel vs Capcom 2 until I was utterly spanked in local tournament. I mean, utterly CRUSHED. I was blown away at how good people are, it was like they were 10 steps ahead.

The skill gamers have is so horribly underrated by society.

13 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Oh come on, the only online game he played was Rock Band and that was just him saying rah rah rah rah into a microphone and calling that singing.

"Black Hole Sun wont you come in my face."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Oh come on, the only online game he played was Rock Band and that was just him saying rah rah rah rah into a microphone and calling that singing.

We could never Halo or anything FPS with him cause he'd be all "rah rah rah I get headache!"

On 20/04/2021 at 15:44, metalman said:

I think the only game I've ever played online is Age of Empires. I'm okay at it.

Same, and I think maybe Starcraft back in the day. I was okay at them.

I recently tried to play Age of Empires 2 online and got slaughtered. Especially when it comes to RTS games, the way I play against AI just doesn't work against human players, and I'm not good enough to adapt accordingly. 

I want to get into some online gaming to keep up with old friends now that I've moved to London, but mostly I just can't get into it.