General Movie Thread 2021

RPS

I know know Rita Moreno will have a dance number, and she'll move better at like 90 then I do at 41 :shifty:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Holy shit that looks fantastic. Can't wait!

It really does look amazing

Maybe I'm just a dork (yes), but I got chills around the 1:08 mark, that whole bit, the way it's edited to show the survivors from the original film, etc. 

7 hours ago, CLDY said:

Maybe I'm just a dork (yes), but I got chills around the 1:08 mark, that whole bit, the way it's edited to show the survivors from the original film, etc. 

I'm so hyped for this.  The 2018 movie was so great

13 hours ago, Lint said:

I'm so hyped for this.  The 2018 movie was so great

Yeah, it's probably my third favourite Halloween film. My top four would be...

1. Halloween (1978)

2. Halloween 2 (1981)

3. Halloween (2018)

4. Halloween III: Season Of The Witch

Not sure which thread to put this in, so I"ll post it here and the Movie thread

Elvira actor Cassandra Peterson comes out In her new memoir.  Cassandra Peterson, better known as Elvira, the Mistress Of The Dark herself, opens up about her 19-year-long relationship with a woman

Peterson and T became close friends, but after Peterson’s 25-year marriage to Mark Pierson ended, the connection deepened. One rainy night, T came to Peterson’s house in desperate need of help. “There on the doorstep stood my trainer, T, holding a trash bag full of her belongings, looking sad and bedraggled. She’d split from her longtime partner, spent some time in rehab, and now had no place to go.” The two moved in together, which is when the Mistress Of The Dark made a surprising move. “I think I was even more surprised,” she writes. “What the hell was I doing? I’d never been interested in women as anything other than friends. I felt so confused. This just wasn’t me! I was stunned that I’d been friends with her for so many years and never noticed our chemistry. I soon discovered that we connected sexually in a way I’d never experienced.”

• Like 1

The Many Saints of Newark

I enjoyed it, I'm a huge fan of The Sopranos so was really looking forward to it. Thought the performance of Alessandro Nicola as Dickie Moltisanti was good. 

I'd give it a solid 7/10, it's not quite great. I think I'd like to have learnt a bit more of the background of cerain characters 

The voice cast for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. animated movie, due out in 2022, was announced today at Nintendo Direct

Chris Pratt will be voicing Mario

Anya Taylor-Joy will voice Princess Peach

Charlie Day will voice Luigi

Jack Black will be playing Bowser

Keegan-Michael Key will voice Toad

Seth Rogen will voice Donkey Kong

Fred Armisen will voice Cranky Kong

Kevin Michael Richardson will voice Kamek

Sebastian Maniscalco will voice Spike

Miyamoto teased that Charles Martinet, who has long provided the voice of Mario in Nintendo’s games (as well as characters like Luigi and Wario) will have a surprise cameo in the upcoming movie.

Not sure how I feel about Chris Pratt...think he's really becoming overexposed.  

Anya Taylor-Joy I don't know enough about to have an opinion.  Actually, looking at her Wikipedia page, I've never seen anything she's in, but Queens Gambit is on my "If I Get Around To Watching It" list

Charlie Day, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key and Seth Rogan I think are all good castings.

Fred Armisten, Kevin Michael Richardson and Sebastian Maniscalco, I don't know the characters well enough to have an opinion

I'm on board with pretty much everyone but Chris Pratt. Anya-Taylor Joy is phenomenal, she was great in The Witch, and she's in Edgar Wright's new movie Last Night In Soho. 

Jack Black as Bowser is good. Key as Toad is good. I can't wait to hear Donkey Kong do a Seth Rogen laugh. :shifty:

7 minutes ago, damshow said:

Kind of annoyed that Illumination thinks voice acting can just be done by celebrity actors. Totally different artforms, and it shows since you usually just have the famous actors basically playing themselves.

That said I do like most of the people who are in this.

It's wild to me that they have Charles Martinet in this in cameo roles. If you just switched him out with Chris Pratt I'd be a happy camper >_> Let Chris Pratt have some VO cameos or something.

Here, I made this and I'm sure someone else already has. I don't care.

5o4ugw.jpg

• Like 4

I know people tend to not like RLM, saying they are too cynical about things, but their re:View series tends to be about movies they like