General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

I still really enjoy Curb as I assume I almost always will. Not this past week's but the one before that one was really great, I thought. 

The real Sunday showcase continues to be Succession though and they really hit their stride again the past two episodes. 

26 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

That reminds me I need to watch the second season!

i've also just discovered AP Bio, which is Dennis from Always Sunny doing a Bad Teacher / Community kinda thing

Finally watched the first two episodes of season 2 of The Great. Show hasn't lost it, very happy about that.

Friendly reminder/notifier that I'll be opening up voting for EWB's Favorite TV Show in about a week. Get watching the stuff you keep meaning to watch!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Friendly reminder/notifier that I'll be opening up voting for EWB's Favorite TV Show in about a week. Get watching the stuff you keep meaning to watch!

Spoiler alert 

Spoiler

1. Succession
2-15. Oh jeez I have to rank other things? 

Work was deathly slow this past weekend, so I managed to watch all 5 seasons of Kim's Convenience and Space Force. The former is really good but boy did it suffer from a rushed finale. I'm mildly curious about the spin-off show, but Simu is right that it's bullshit the one main cast member that's white (and arguably least interesting, story wise) gets a spin-off series. Give me my Janet show, fuckers. The latter... it definitely had some laugh out loud moments, but it wasn't anything special. If it doesn't get a season 2, I won't be mad about it.

I started Shameless this morning, and I'm midway through Season 1 and so far I like it. I've heard the quality goes down a lot the more you get into the midway point of the series, or towards the more recent seasons, but so far, it's good.

Also: I can't begin to express how happy I am that G4 is back. It's a little weird having the cable channel be a day behind the Twitch/YouTube versions, but I'm off during the week so I catch the live streams and it's all just very chill and laidback. Yesterday, Fiona Nova and Kassem G were just fucking off around the office with a backpack camera and talking to people for two hours and it was great and hilarious. I think the only people I haven't warmed up to, because they haven't gotten super comfortable on camera yet, are The Completionist and the Black. Just need more shows and this'll be golden. Besides the (ugh) WWE competition series they announced earlier in the year, apparently Xavier is developing two more shows for G4, Goldenboy and Hokage are doing a Retro show supposedly, etc. It's only been like two or three weeks, I'll be more worried if by this time next year they still only have (3!) versions of Attack of the Show, Xplay, Boosted and the D&D show.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

The fact that Shannon is the character getting a spin-off sucks balls, she was the worst character on the show (even worse than the side ones), and it's a shame because the Kim family was the best part of the show. Even Shannon's random roommate Kwami was more interesting than her.

A Janet spin-off would have been the best one, although I'd also take a Pastor Nina or a Mr. Mehta one in a heartbeat. 

Can't post a link due to their having no presence on YouTube, but this is the 15th anniversary of one of SNL's greatest musical sketches ever:

Spoiler

Dick In A Box

Edited by GhostMachine

50 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Can't post a link due to their having no presence on YouTube, but this is the 15th anniversary of one of SNL's greatest musical sketches ever:

Hide contents

Dick In A Box

what do you mean no presence on youtube?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Weird, because when I did a search for that, it didn't come up. First thing listed was a `tribute' (ie, remake) by two guys I've never heard of. 

i wondered if they restricted it in the US or something