General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

1 hour ago, Moses Julep said:

Really enjoyed Reservation Dogs. Fantastic acting, great storytelling and just kind of unforgettable.

I am so looking forward to season 2. That show was absolutely a top 3 all year for me.

This season of Masked Singer is a LOT harder. Finale is next week, and so far Heidi and I are 4 out of 14 on guessing who the contestants are.

We agree who one of the final 2 is, but I'm not completely sold on her guess for the other:

Spoiler

The Queen of Hearts is so obviously Jewel, but Heidi believes the Bull is Darren Criss. I'm not sure on that. Some people out there believe it is Todrick Hall.

I've loved every second of every episode of Succession but it's been a long, long time since I have felt a show completely fuck with my expectations and emotions in a single episode, let alone the okey-doke they set up the entire season. 

If you're in the mood for a holiday themed show that isn't for children, Santa Inc was great. It feels like it sets up for a second season, which is awesome because Sarah Silverman and Seth Rogen gave me my favorite Xmas show ever. Keep 'em coming next year.

If you're a fan of either of those comedians, it's definitely worth a watch. 8 episodes, I think.

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If you're in the mood for a holiday themed show that isn't for children, Santa Inc was great. It feels like it sets up for a second season, which is awesome because Sarah Silverman and Seth Rogen gave me my favorite Xmas show ever. Keep 'em coming next year.

If you're a fan of either of those comedians, it's definitely worth a watch. 8 episodes, I think.

I’ve read nothing but negative reviews - but Rogen is saying white supremacists have hijacked it. So what’s the deal?

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

I’ve read nothing but negative reviews - but Rogen is saying white supremacists have hijacked it. So what’s the deal?

The show's gotten awful reviews, critically - a lot of criticism about lazy stereotypes of Jewish people, as well as Holocaust jokes and jokes about meth addict reindeer, etc - and Rogen's claim is that it's been "review bombed" by "tens of thousands of white supremacists". It sounds like that could potentially be going on, but it also sounds like it's just a shitty, bad show in general. 

If you want a feel-good baking show, check out Baking It on Peacock. All episodes are free with ads. Andy Samberg and Maya Rudolph host and the judges are four grandmas. Lots of good feels, plus bits and musical numbers from Andy and Maya. We fucking love it.

Succession is so fucking good. I don't care which character it is, when they make a move, any move, I'm all in and it doesn't matter if it works or not, I'm still all in because I trust their writing to explore either direction in a satisfying manner.

I haven't felt so "safe" in the hands of a TV show in a long time. 

• Like 2

On 09/12/2021 at 13:33, GhostMachine said:

This season of Masked Singer is a LOT harder. Finale is next week, and so far Heidi and I are 4 out of 14 on guessing who the contestants are.

We agree who one of the final 2 is, but I'm not completely sold on her guess for the other:

Reveal hidden contents

The Queen of Hearts is so obviously Jewel, but Heidi believes the Bull is Darren Criss. I'm not sure on that. Some people out there believe it is Todrick Hall.

I haven't watched the finale yet (it was last night, right?) But, my wife agrees with yours about who the Bull is. I'm more leaning your way. Either way, I'm pretty sure Bull wins over Queen of Hearts.

6 hours ago, Pooker said:

I haven't watched the finale yet (it was last night, right?) But, my wife agrees with yours about who the Bull is. I'm more leaning your way. Either way, I'm pretty sure Bull wins over Queen of Hearts.

Well....

Spoiler

Queen of Hearts (Jewell) won over Bull (Todrick Hall). And Nicole won the Golden Ear, 3 to 2 over Ken. (Yes, Ken!) They made it a LOT harder this season. Only got 5 right. 

On 16/12/2021 at 14:52, GhostMachine said:

Well....

Hide contents

Queen of Hearts (Jewell) won over Bull (Todrick Hall). And Nicole won the Golden Ear, 3 to 2 over Ken. (Yes, Ken!) They made it a LOT harder this season. Only got 5 right. 

I only got 4 right. Was a lot harder this year, plus I didn't know who quite a few of the people where.