England - The Southgate Years

Lineker

Welp.

39 minutes ago, MDK said:

Seriously, why don't the Jocks have a tartan kit? It would be atrocious but it would be fantastic.  

Rose sending off I reckon.

Just seen this, the home kit is a blue tartan with white sleeves. Somehow that clashes with England's white.

England have been predictably naff. Good goal though, and I guess sometimes all you need is one moment of quality.

Scotland really should have equalised. I can't decide who messed up more - Hanley with that header, or Griffiths for being greedy and not playing Snodgrass in.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

England have been predictably naff. Good goal though, and I guess sometimes all you need is one moment of quality.

Scotland really should have equalised. I can't decide who messed up more - Hanley with that header, or Griffiths for being greedy and not playing Snodgrass in.

We will get turned over against Spain

Get it up ye

Strachan's subs seemed poor too. McArthur the only one made in any sort of reasonable time? Why was Ritchie left on the bench until 82 minutes?

I'm happy with the second half performance. Less defensive hiccups (one day we'll get through a half without any) and a lot of great attacking interplay, with some good finishing. Give Southgate the job, we're always gonna be naff anyway.

England's tournament hopes generally follow the Liverpool/Arsenal 'it's our year' slope of optimism.

We build ourselves up in 'October/November' when we're spanking Liechtenstein and San Marino and getting a gritty 1-0 win away versus Sweden, then we enter the 'February' phase of grim reality when we draw our opening tournament game against the Vatican City before being eliminated in 'April' by Djibouti on penalties.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

England's tournament hopes generally follow the Liverpool/Arsenal 'it's our year' slope of optimism.

We build ourselves up in 'October/November' when we're spanking Liechtenstein and San Marino and getting a gritty 1-0 win away versus Sweden, then we enter the 'February' phase of grim reality when we draw our opening tournament game against the Vatican City before being eliminated in 'April' by Djibouti on penalties.

Sealand looking a bit tasty 

7 minutes ago, TCO said:

Your qualifying groups tend to always be a piece of piss too though.

That's pretty much always been the case, its just that back in the day it was teams like Turkey and Switzerland who we'd smack by 5 or 6 goals and that looks better today, despite the fact they were pretty much on the level of a San Marino or Liechtenstein. >_>

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

That's pretty much always been the case, its just that back in the day it was teams like Turkey and Switzerland who we'd smack by 5 or 6 goals and that looks better today, despite the fact they were pretty much on the level of a San Marino or Liechtenstein. >_>

Not quite that easy, do you remember the 7-1?