Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

On 07/06/2023 at 12:41, damhausen said:

Haaaa new Zelda fun

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I kinda stayed spoiler free on the buildup to this, but I love that the old Hyrule map from BotW has just enough new to it that I am not feeling a sense of repetitiveness.

Just beat my first Gleeock. Wasn't too bad. It was the fire one, which feels like it might be the easiest one because the flames create updrafts. Took me two attempts, and on the second one I managed to beat him before it entered the second stage of it's offense which definitely made it easier.

Also I've got myself a 'unique' weapon, does anyone know where to replace it when it breaks? In BOTW there was a guy in Tarrey Town that could replace things for you. Is it the weird talking rocks in the depths?

5 minutes ago, K said:

Just beat my first Gleeock. Wasn't too bad. It was the fire one, which feels like it might be the easiest one because the flames create updrafts. Took me two attempts, and on the second one I managed to beat him before it entered the second stage of it's offense which definitely made it easier.

Also I've got myself a 'unique' weapon, does anyone know where to replace it when it breaks? In BOTW there was a guy in Tarrey Town that could replace things for you. Is it the weird talking rocks in the depths?

There's unique weapons?

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

There's unique weapons?

Sorry, i didn't think that was a spoiler.

Yeah like in BOTW, for example, there's only one hylian shield, and if you broke it, you could rebuy it from a guy in Tarrey Town.

I think that in TOTK, that's what the bargainer statutes are for.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 14:26, K said:

been traversing the depths on a 

Hide contents

skeleton horse

today. Makes it so much easier.

Yep. When you get one, smart to unlock a bunch of roots. 

55 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I'm working towards the desert one right now. After that it's the water one. 

The desert boss is by far the hardest I did. Zora and Rito were a cake walk in comparison. 

How do I upgrade my battery? 

15 minutes ago, RPS said:

The desert boss is by far the hardest I did. Zora and Rito were a cake walk in comparison. 

How do I upgrade my battery? 

In the depths (and I think in the sky?) you can find forges. There, you can sell your Zonite for Crystallized Charges. After you have 100 crystallized charges, you get an Energy Well from a Zonai Crystal Refinery (battery symbol on the map). 

If you follow the Yiga clan mission in the depths, you should be able to get a full battery or two, just from boss loot + attacking enemy camps on your way to the missions. 

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

In the depths (and I think in the sky?) you can find forges. There, you can sell your Zonite for Crystallized Charges. After you have 100 crystallized charges, you get an Energy Well from a Zonai Crystal Refinery (battery symbol on the map). 

If you follow the Yiga clan mission in the depths, you should be able to get a full battery or two, just from boss loot + attacking enemy camps on your way to the missions. 

Exactly this, crystallized charges aren't too hard to come by, as long as you don't shy away from raiding yiga outposts and doing some of the 'bigger ' fights in the depths. I think I have four batteries now and I've never sold zonanite.

My question about the depths:

Spoiler

I found colgera again, this time in a new location. Between my wife and I, that makes three colgera fights down there. Do the other bosses show up? And if so, are they in the same quadrants as in hyrule? Both my colgera fights were in the north west.

I now have more lightroots than shrines (And more koroks than both of those combined, because I still haven't found that bastard Hestu (no spoilers please, I'm quite enjoying being angry at him)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, K said:

I now have more lightroots than shrines (And more koroks than both of those combined, because I still haven't found that bastard Hestu (no spoilers please, I'm quite enjoying being angry at him)

I am baffled that you haven't found Hestu yet. He's like, right there. Absolute madness.

I haven't had a chance to play the last few days, I tried to do some depths stuff again and just got frustrated. I think that's a leave until much later job for me. I'm torn between tackling a bunch of the side quests I've got or doing the next regional phenomena. This game is an embarrassment of riches and I keep getting decision paralysis whenever I want to start something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K said:

hate that leafy prick and his lazy spawn. fuckin walk to your mate, i've been hauling ass all over hyrule and you cant roll your ass the last 50 metres to camp.

I like to attach them to the horse harness and just take the bumpiest path.

Depths fight:

Spoiler

Found another colgera fight in the depths this morning, this time in the South East, so I guess that answers my question about if they're restricted to the bosses region. Still no idea if you can fight the other bosses down there. 

On the plus side I can pretty much do this Colgera fight with my eyes closed.

Dive through the first shell, wait for it to appear below you, then take out the two remaining shells with winged arrows. I can do it in like three minutes now.

I now have all of the

Spoiler

lightroots

There's a bunch of stuff there that feels like it's going to be really important, but that doesn't seem to do anything yet. I found a new 'quest' (though it wasn't labeled as such in the adventure log) to do, just wandering around and it looks like it's going to send me all over the map. Should be fun.

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

No idea where to go next, just so much to see and do.

yeah it's so busy, like I just popped down to the depths to do one thing, and I ended up triggering like ten different threads.

• Like 1