Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

8 hours ago, K said:

How did you get it?

Hide contents

Did you just land on the dragons back? Is the sword just always there? I just did the deku tree fight last night and got the sword. 

Spoiler

Exactly! When you collect the last dragon tear, one more spawns. You collect it and the dragon is summoned at that spot. You can then teleport to a nearby tower to land on top of her to grab it. You need 2 full rings of stamina though. I also sadly didn't realize you could smash the dragon and get more powerful parts that what you normally find walking on her. 

I thing I am moments away from the final fight. The last little mini-dungeon is pretty cool. Although, I admin, I am running past most of the enemies. Gotta save my weapons and hearts!

And speaking of Super Mario Wonder, showed my son the video and he is so damn excited about it. 

Super Mario Wonder is coming out on the same day as Spiderman 2. That's going to be a big day for retailers.

October also has Detective Pikachu Returns, Forza Motorsport, Assassin's Creed Mirage and Alan Wake 2, not to mention the Metal Gear Solid remasters and Cities Skylines 2. If you're someone who buys lots of big games at launch, you're going to be very busy and a lot poorer.

Final boss spoiler

Spoiler

I love how we get the trope of the final boss changing forms and gaining it's health back. But I loved that Ganon's health bar just kept going and going and going and going. Also, while not difficult, the Demon Dragon fight was epic as heck! 

Also, from what I just read, if you go straight for the final boss after the tutorial...

Spoiler

You have to fight all of the temple bosses you missed. Basically a boss rush, which is neat.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Has anyone used a 3rd party Switch dock? We took ours on holiday but it's so bulky and I've seen smaller options, but I'm wary of them breaking the thing.

Yeah I bought one. I think it was Ponkor. Has not bricked it. 

• Thanks 1

I bought the civ 6 anthology for the switch on sale last week or so and it has been so nice. I haven't had as much time to sit and spend on my computer so having a game like that where I can sit and chill with the wife while she plays on her laptop and we can watch a show or something has been really cool.

14 hours ago, Krabby said:

I bought the civ 6 anthology for the switch on sale last week or so and it has been so nice. I haven't had as much time to sit and spend on my computer so having a game like that where I can sit and chill with the wife while she plays on her laptop and we can watch a show or something has been really cool.

Been wanting to get back into this. Bought it on sale a few years and only played it about a week.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 23:46, IDOL said:

Been wanting to get back into this. Bought it on sale a few years and only played it about a week.

I have been super enjoying it - I was a touch worried about the controls but the UI is super slick, I don't think or feel that there has been any loss in functionality between this switch edition and the PC edition. And one of the nice features is I can just set my switch to sleep and plug it back in on the dock and when I want to play next I can just resume from where I was at. Loving it!

• Like 1

Sorry, another silly question from me, Google is rubbish at Nintendo account stuff. My daughter wants the Pokemon Shield expansion bits, but if I buy it will it only work on one of the profiles on our Switch or all of them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...