Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

48 minutes ago, K said:

Over one hundred koroks found, still no sign of hestu.

(No spoilers please, I'll find that leafy prick)

That's impressive, really. I found him again at his permanent location ,so I got to use all my seeds.

1 hour ago, K said:

Over one hundred koroks found, still no sign of hestu.

(No spoilers please, I'll find that leafy prick)

So funny.  I'd be reading spoilers tomorrow if it were me not finding him. 

Side quest mini spoiler. I have put nesting spoiler tags which get increasingly spoilery if you wanna avoid spoiler.s the first one just tells you which quest i'm talking about.

Spoiler

The labyrinth in the north east

Spoiler

I was a little disappointed with this one

Spoiler

It covers all three biomes, the depths, the surface and the sky, but it was much too easy. Next spoiler will say why.

Spoiler

You start on the surface, and just follow the acorns through the maze. Really easy. Then you go up to the sky and you have to find four switches, but all the switches are on the map, so you can just follow the minimap. Didn't take any time at all. Then you head to the depths and do a mid level boss fight and that's it. The reward was fine for the effort put in, but for such a significant looking thing on the map, I guess I expected something more.

I found a bunch of treasure chests with stuff in, but maybe I missed something.

I will say that the massive dive from the sky to the depths was very very cool, and the shrine in the sky was super fun mario kart vibes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ruki said:

That's impressive, really. I found him again at his permanent location ,so I got to use all my seeds.

9 hours ago, RPS said:

So funny.  I'd be reading spoilers tomorrow if it were me not finding him. 

I think it's great that we're all having such different experiences. It's really fun, like I'm annoyed that I've only got four shield slots or whatever, but it's cool that I've been following a relatively normal path through the game and still I'm missing things (and hopefully spotting things) that other people aren't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K said:

I think it's great that we're all having such different experiences. It's really fun, like I'm annoyed that I've only got four shield slots or whatever, but it's cool that I've been following a relatively normal path through the game and still I'm missing things (and hopefully spotting things) that other people aren't.

Yeah, this game has been amazing for that. All the podcasts I listen to share very different experiences to mine. 

I prioritized unlocking every tower in the game. Just finished last night. I have about 20 or so korok seeds and 30 shrines. I haven't been in the depths outside of two short trips. I'm not sure what my next priority will be. More shrines,  side quests or main story. 

Yeah, everyone I know has done something totally different to me, and everyone has found something I haven't and vice versa.

I'm about to start the second regional phenomena, and then I think it's time to have a proper explore of the depths and sky islands because I've barely done either. I keep marking korok seeds to go back to later too, but then I get sidetracked by wanting to climb up big things. Absolutely wonderful game.

Yeah I think I'm... 75 hours in now at the very least? And I've only done one of the regional phenomenons and I haven't even been to two of the major cities yet. I've spent a good amount of time in the depths, but not as much up in the sky. I put a lot of time into Kakriko, Lurelin, Hateno and Tarrey Towns and I'm still not really done with any of them.

And I'm still looking forward to playing every day. There's still some sub-system or something similar that I'm finding all the time.

Hell, I just saw that people found out that you can use portable cookers as ball and cup joints for wheels - so if you attach them to a car that you've built like that, they turn into terrain hugging all-terrain vehicles. It's wild.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Hell, I just saw that people found out that you can use portable cookers as ball and cup joints for wheels - so if you attach them to a car that you've built like that, they turn into terrain hugging all-terrain vehicles. It's wild.

I saw people using springs as shock absorbers. Very clever.

Also lads, if you haven't made yourself a sweet skateboard by attaching a mine cart to a shield you're really missing out.

I also prioritised the towers. I just hate having an incomplete map. So that was an easy choice for my first task. After that I just do what takes my fancy. I did two regional phenomena, and I've explored a lot of the depths. I feel like I have a hundred hours of side quests queued up already before I even consider rejoining the main quest.

My recommendation for everyone is that you complete all of... (early game spoilers)

Spoiler

Robbie's quests asap, just because it gives you a bunch of tools that are better to get early, for example:

Spoiler

your compendium and heros path and warp platform things. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K said:

Side quest mini spoiler. I have put nesting spoiler tags which get increasingly spoilery if you wanna avoid spoiler.s the first one just tells you which quest i'm talking about.

Hide contents

The labyrinth in the north east

Hide contents

I was a little disappointed with this one

Hide contents

It covers all three biomes, the depths, the surface and the sky, but it was much too easy. Next spoiler will say why.

Hide contents

You start on the surface, and just follow the acorns through the maze. Really easy. Then you go up to the sky and you have to find four switches, but all the switches are on the map, so you can just follow the minimap. Didn't take any time at all. Then you head to the depths and do a mid level boss fight and that's it. The reward was fine for the effort put in, but for such a significant looking thing on the map, I guess I expected something more.

I found a bunch of treasure chests with stuff in, but maybe I missed something.

I will say that the massive dive from the sky to the depths was very very cool, and the shrine in the sky was super fun mario kart vibes.

Spoiler

How the heck do you get to the sky maze? I tried to fly over, but my creations just fall apart?

Also, thank you for reminding me about the skateboard!

I'm just working on my second main story quest at Death Mountain. Cool so far!

22 minutes ago, Ruki said:
  Hide contents

How the heck do you get to the sky maze? I tried to fly over, but my creations just fall apart?

Also, thank you for reminding me about the skateboard!

I'm just working on my second main story quest at Death Mountain. Cool so far!

Spoiler

I flew as far as I could on my paraglider in the general direction, and then on a sky island near the maze you can find one of those big metal floating platforms. Not the little green one, but the big gray kind. I think it already has fans attached to it, and a steering column is near by, so guy can just drive up to the maze 

There are some really cool things you can do with shield attachments. Sleds for snowboarding are a good call, springs to get an extra bouce or even just a rocket. Just attach a rocket and hold the shield out and you can get a big leg up when mountain climbing, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liam said:

Shows how much time I've had to play the game...I'm still on Sky Island or whatever it is called.

Really need to find a chunk of time to sink into it.

It's okay. I'm still on the first game.