Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

• 3 weeks later...

I'm setting up selling retro games and toys in my game store in the new year, I've been picking up a lot of N64's and handhelds, but bulk seems to be the problem for me - Anyone got any ideas where I can pick up items? I've been doing Facebook marketplace but lots of listings are scams (asking for cash app, of course!) and unfortunately we're out of season for car boots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2022 at 05:03, Tigerstyle said:

I'm setting up selling retro games and toys in my game store in the new year, I've been picking up a lot of N64's and handhelds, but bulk seems to be the problem for me - Anyone got any ideas where I can pick up items? I've been doing Facebook marketplace but lots of listings are scams (asking for cash app, of course!) and unfortunately we're out of season for car boots.

Untested units on eBay if you’re handy with repairs?

12 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Previews are saying that Fire Emblem: Engage is going to have less social interaction. That is unfortunate, I really enjoyed that from Three Houses. 

Is it because you don't have real friends?

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Three Houses is a very tough act to follow for me. I'd be happy enough with a fun strategy game, but having characters I care about is what makes Fire Emblem really tick.

I'm glad they are getting rid of the battalions though. That didn't really add anything in my mind. 

I played it ages ago on the Wii U - the original co-op was not a fun experience, but with the update that they did to add in the new levels on the Switch version, they have made it so that both people are actively playing as characters and the special levels that come in the little expansion pack are also more suited to co-op. From what I gather, it's a fun experience but a pain in the butt that both people can control the camera so there might need to be some communication there.

It's on sale at the moment so I was considering picking it up for this purpose as well on the Switch.

1 minute ago, apsham said:

I played it ages ago on the Wii U - the original co-op was not a fun experience, but with the update that they did to add in the new levels on the Switch version, they have made it so that both people are actively playing as characters and the special levels that come in the little expansion pack are also more suited to co-op. From what I gather, it's a fun experience but a pain in the butt that both people can control the camera so there might need to be some communication there.

It's on sale at the moment so I was considering picking it up for this purpose as well on the Switch.

Ahh thanks! Yeah I saw the sale as well and it has made a few "Coop lists" - Mrs. Krabby and I loved playing Luigi's Mansion 3 and trying to find a similar type of couch coop experience.

12 hours ago, Krabby said:

Ahh thanks! Yeah I saw the sale as well and it has made a few "Coop lists" - Mrs. Krabby and I loved playing Luigi's Mansion 3 and trying to find a similar type of couch coop experience.

Do you have It Takes Two? That just came out on Switch.

My wife and I also like Unravel Two

5 hours ago, K said:

Do you have It Takes Two? That just came out on Switch.

My wife and I also like Unravel Two

We don't have It Takes Two but definitely on out list.

Whats Unravel like?

Just now, Krabby said:

We don't have It Takes Two but definitely on out list.

Whats Unravel like?

I dont think it's very long. It's a two player co-operative puzzle platformer. You're two little string dolls tied together, and you have to work in partnership to get across screens. So one of you could act like an anchor so the other can swing on the thread down to safety, and then that person can tie the string around two greebles to make a little trampoline that the other one can jump down to. Sometimes if one of you is better at platforming, you can do all the work and just pull the other one up at the end, other times you both have to 'do the thing'.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...