Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

Microsoft / Sony - 2022/2023 We want a focus on space and or horror. There'll be some other stuff too. 

Nintendo - 2022/2023 

We want a focus on farms. There'll be some other stuff too. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RPS said:

Putting aside all the farming games, that was an amazing Direct. Zelda, Rabbids, Splatoon, Pokemon and FE... I will be poor. 

Honestly, I'm intrigued by Harvestella. I am gonna try the demo later today! But yeah, so much there that I want. 

Jeez, you guys weren't kidding about all the farming games. I think I got whiplash from the juxtaposition in tone from the Harvestella reveal.

"WILL YOU SURVIVE THE SEASON OF DEATH?!?"
"Cultivate a peaceful farm life!"

3 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Jeez, you guys weren't kidding about all the farming games. I think I got whiplash from the juxtaposition in tone from the Harvestella reveal.

"WILL YOU SURVIVE THE SEASON OF DEATH?!?"
"Cultivate a peaceful farm life!"

Don't worry, to follow it up you can play the most inspired game title ever.

Various Daylife.

3 minutes ago, apsham said:

Don't worry, to follow it up you can play the most inspired game title ever.

Various Daylife.

I did appreciate the word salad of Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key.

Hang on, I just got to the Tales of Symphonia bit and lost it at "a lumberjack who lost her emotions in an experiment".

7 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I did appreciate the word salad of Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key.

Hang on, I just got to the Tales of Symphonia bit and lost it at "a lumberjack who lost her emotions in an experiment".

Doctor probably read the x-ray backwards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tall Boi Byrne said:

How does a game being in Early Access form work on the Switch? I'm assuming it'll just get updates like the PC version?

Pretty much. I don't think many early "Early Access" games end up on Switch because of the difficulty in getting updates to players because every single update has to be approved by Nintendo. Ditto for PS and XBOX usually. But lots of indie games with added content or updates are on the Switch - just typically these updates are delayed or delivered in less of a cadence than PC where they can push the patch / new content live easily. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2022 at 07:45, Ruki said:

My Switch is no longer reading any game card. It was fine last night...

Edit: all the troubleshooting failed, even tried cleaning the port. Nothing. And my Switch is no longer under warranty. So I get to pay $110 for a repair. 

.... my son STUCK A KNIFE in the switch to try and get a game out. At least we should have it back tomorrow or something. 

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...