Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

57 minutes ago, probablyoliver said:

Any advice on those of you who've explored the depths in TOTK? I've only popped down a couple times but always nope out pretty quickly but I feel like I wanna take a better look down there.

Lots of glow seeds. I prefer to throw them instead of shooting them. Just pick a direction and go! Although, if you come across statues, go in the direction they are facing, it will lead somewhere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, probablyoliver said:

Any advice on those of you who've explored the depths in TOTK? I've only popped down a couple times but always nope out pretty quickly but I feel like I wanna take a better look down there.

Have you done any quests that lead you down there? If not, start that way. Keep doing Purah and Robbie questlines to learn how to use the depths and get some very cool stuff.

The lightroots you find will brighten up a large area so if you see one in the distance try and head for it. Their locations are actually predictable because

Spoiler

they are the roots for the shrines above ground, so they are in the same place.

standing in the light of the roots will also heal your gloom infected health bar, and no enemies will attack you while you're in the light. 

Take brightbloom seeds and throw them around, or if you have a vehicle down there, you can use them as headlamps.

Also you can just run from most enemies so don't feel like you have to fight everything.

But yeah, do the quests first, it's a good introduction.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K said:

Have you done any quests that lead you down there? If not, start that way. Keep doing Purah and Robbie questlines to learn how to use the depths and get some very cool stuff.

The lightroots you find will brighten up a large area so if you see one in the distance try and head for it. Their locations are actually predictable because

Hide contents

they are the roots for the shrines above ground, so they are in the same place.

standing in the light of the roots will also heal your gloom infected health bar, and no enemies will attack you while you're in the light. 

Take brightbloom seeds and throw them around, or if you have a vehicle down there, you can use them as headlamps.

Also you can just run from most enemies so don't feel like you have to fight everything.

But yeah, do the quests first, it's a good introduction.

I've done enough of the depths quest to unlock

Spoiler

Auto-build

But then I've avoided it. I've got a bunch of brightbloom seeds, I just hate wandering ten feet and being in total darkness.

I fell down a massive hole last night on my way to one of the towers and ended up facing off with a

Spoiler

Flux Construct

and that was rad, but also terrifying because it was dark. I'm just thinking it's time to do some exploring down there as I'm two regional phenomena down and I wanna mix things up a bit before I go do the next one.

16 hours ago, probablyoliver said:

I've done enough of the depths quest to unlock

Reveal hidden contents

But then I've avoided it. I've got a bunch of brightbloom seeds, I just hate wandering ten feet and being in total darkness.

I fell down a massive hole last night on my way to one of the towers and ended up facing off with a

Reveal hidden contents

and that was rad, but also terrifying because it was dark. I'm just thinking it's time to do some exploring down there as I'm two regional phenomena down and I wanna mix things up a bit before I go do the next one.

One thing I do to help navigate the depths is switch my map view to Hyrule. So you can have the hyrule map in your minimap, even while underground. 

Spoiler

As the features of the overworld and underworld are roughly analogous, you can use it to navigate, but just expect the inverse. So if you see yourself approaching a mountain on the map, be aware that you're actually coming to a canyon, and vice versa. Lakes, you'll have to go around and rivers on the overworld I think are impossible to get through in the underworld, but I haven't 100% confirmed that.

Was just hanging out in the depths and something absolutely shit me up.

Spoilers for the depths and Rito village

Spoiler

Colgera was back and just fucking around downstairs. I had to do the whole boss fight again.

Didn't mind too much, it's a fun fight and I got some cool loot though.

• Like 1

Oh! Yeah! That's a thing for sure.

Spoiler

I was coming across those big empty arenas and wondering what they were for. They're a good source of rewards so I've taken to marking them on my map with enemy stickers when I come across them. Actually, I've started using the markers quite a bit for more than just finding my way to something. It's really fun to do and makes you feel more involved.

133 koroks, no hestu

4 minutes ago, apsham said:

Oh! Yeah! That's a thing for sure.

Hide contents

I was coming across those big empty arenas and wondering what they were for. They're a good source of rewards so I've taken to marking them on my map with enemy stickers when I come across them. Actually, I've started using the markers quite a bit for more than just finding my way to something. It's really fun to do and makes you feel more involved.

Oh cool! Like Ollie mentioned, I've found a bunch of Construct level 3s, but it was cool finding the other thing. Saw it in the distance and was very surprised.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I feel like I need to upgrade my armor. Where the heck do we find the people to appease the great fairies? 

ooh i forgot all about that. I have one fairy open but I need to find the others