AEW: Fight Forever

After Claudio, Swerve, and Jamie Hayter were DLC last month they announced Samoa Joe in the next round and then today that Adam Copeland and Jay White are also going in.

I suspect the next wave after that will be Ospreay, Okada, and Mercedes.

Anyway while it makes sense all the big names are going in it does make me a bit sad that we’re straying further and further from any hope of Evil Uno getting into the game.  The man still is promoting this game.  Sneak him in there for free!

• Like 2

I do like the weird-ass arenas they're throwing in there. Outside a haunted house! Feudal Japan for some reason!

• Like 3

I saw a thing as well saying they were putting in some YouTube/Twitch guys like DenkOps and Johnny from NL. That's really cool from a community aspect, giving something back to these guys who helped promote the game through their audience. But, as @The Buscher aludes to, that only makes it more weird that someone like Uno still isn't in given the lengths he went to promote the thing.

• Like 3

The Uno thing almost feels like a bit, except they're not really playing it up like a bit and it's the kind of thing that would only be funny if Fight Forever were a really popular game. Neat that the community creations thing is a free update.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure I did a GTA Online heist with those three

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding the wrestling itself fine, but it's so No Mercy aping in terms of controls and gameplay that I don't feel I'm gaining a huge amount playing this over No Mercy or particularly the Def Jam games that I have in the next room. I could see it being pretty decent local multiplayer.

Outside of that though the Story mode is horrible, why they felt they should waste effort on those "go to gym" things which add nothing whatsoever other than wasted time (and loading time) is beyond me. I appreciate I've picked it up a year on but the roster is rubbish, and the fact they keep flashing adverts up for people I might actually want to play as (Swerve, Joe, FTR) is a bit too mocking. I sort of like the fact they've given the women's division some effort, but it means both sides feel pretty shallow and why I'd want to play as say Abaddon (a dozen non Dark appearances at best?) is beyond me. Graphically it's an incredibly mixed bag, some look okay, but I picked Pac for the Story mode and I reckon I could make a better version in a decade old Smackdown game.

Glad I didn't pay for it (especially full price), but it's fun in parts.

Oh, and one more for the roster. 4 tag teams? And one of those is Jericho and Sammy? I get that it's meant to be close to the early roster (but obviously cramming in Punk, Danielson and Cole), but no Acclaimed, no Private Party, no House of Black, one of the Dark Order? Weird.

Yeah, I played a couple of matches to give it a shot and won the barbed wire death match. Fun concept but, I agree with whoever said it just made me want to play the games this took the approach to replicate. Kind of feel the game model would work better for a Legends of Wrestling type game. It's hard, though, because really the WWE games which for better or worse this will get compared to, are just so damn good and dialed in these days. I'll probably try the story mode out to say I really gave it a full shot, but outside a match or two with friends I don't see me playing this more, sadly.