Carabao Cup 2022/23

Lineker

7 minutes ago, Pogue Mahone said:

Oh mate give it a rest please. If they’d have bought Liverpool you’d be lapping it up. Doesn’t warrant mentioning every game.

Who says I'd be lapping it up? I'd be very conflicted if we were owned purely as a sportswashing mobile for good PR. It's why when it was said FSG wouldn't sell I was made up we weren't going to get sold to Qatar, go back and check the Premlier League thread.  So don't assume my morale compass. While your owned as a platform for sportswashing its worth mentioning. 

If you don't like it mute me then you won't have to see me mentioning it.  It's no skin of my back. Go enjoy your cup final 👍

• Like 1

Karius did ok in that game. Newcastle let down by their forwards but played alright, just United being better in defence was the difference.

Second goal, I've no idea why Newcastle backed off Wout Weghorst, all game they'd been on him immediately whenever he got the ball - didn't do that then, he can play Rashford in and obviously Rashford gets help from the deflection.

• Like 1

My whole thing is the fans didn't get a choice in who owned the club. 

The fans should be allowed to celebrate the successes the team has. First final in however long and its a big thing. Potential champions league football too. Should be celebrated. 

The fans can also choose to call out the ownership and the fans can also expect others to be able to call them out too. They should be proud that they got the final today. Its a sign in the right direction and potential green shoots in what may be to come in terms of on field success.

Do I want them to have success... no, I would have as said due to family ties but not since the takeover but I don't begrudge it for the fans whether they stick by the team or not. 

• Like 1