General Movie Thread 2023

Watched Bill Burrs Old Dads on Netflix.

Every now and then a movie comes along that really surprises you, and this movie did that to me.  I expected it to be bad.  It wasn't bad though, it was fucking terrible.  You know how you watch a movie from, like, the mid-90s or early 2000s and there are those scenes were you go "Well that didn't age well"

This movie is that, but every scene

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ruki said:

I didn't even know they were working on another Ghostbusters movie!

Im also shocked by this.

Surprised that apparently Bill Murray is in it!?

Happy that Patton Oswalt is in it.

Generally not interested in seeing it

A few people who have seen it said it was great. I think it was BenDavid Grabinski (writer on the upcoming Scott Pilgrim sbow) who compared it to Roger Rabbit.

• 2 weeks later...

A new Karate Kid movie where the Jackie Chan version is canon?  That could be interesting, more so if Cobra Kai is included

Wasn't the Jackie Chan film completely separate though, with the title the only connection? Wrong country, completely different cast, not even karate? Might as well do a Karate Kid/Ghostbusters crossover...

• Haha 1

Watched No Hard Feeling today.  I remember reading J-Law did a nude scene in it, so I was expecting like a butt shot.

Nope.  Full frontal

• Like 1

9 hours ago, livid said:

Wasn't sure about this but I'm in. 

I don't like it.  All the vehicles look way too CGI. 

The great thing about Fury Road was almost everything was practical FX.  This just looks like a PS3 game to me

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lint said:

I don't like it.  All the vehicles look way too CGI. 

The great thing about Fury Road was almost everything was practical FX.  This just looks like a PS3 game to me

I don't think it looks awful but yeah, it doesn't look as good as some of the effects of the first one. 

That being said, I loved Mad Max and saw it multiple times in theatres. Then I watched it on Netflix a few months back and thought it didn't look great. I think mostly because the movie was made with 3D in mind and it didn't translate well when watching at home.

I like the fact the first time you see Hemsworth he's fairly unrecognisable and in doing an Australian accent sets himself apart from his usual hero roles, then 30 seconds later he's dressed as Thor even to the point of a red cape.

I watched the trailer without sound last night and thought some of the shots had a real shot-on-greenscreen look to them. 

They'll probably look better in the final film tbh