What games did you play today?

Benji

Completed Man of Medan in a sitting. Got the ending with...

Spoiler

Everyone surviving, including the random guy from the bad guys group, but Shawn Ashmore's character escaped earlier and came back to rescue us after we had already left and succumbed to the Manchurian Gold aboard whilst looking for us, so looks like his fate is to be crazy for however briefly he lives.

Good game, even if the story was a little predictable. I wish more studios would be happy making 5-10 hour games that just have replay ability. 50+ epics are great and all, but way too many games get caught up on fetch quests and collectibles these days, and whilst I know that's not the nature of a Supermassive game, it's a definite reminder that often brevity and quality are better than quantity.

• Like 3

I played FIFA 22. I was intending on playing FIFA 23 and streaming the career mode, but I couldn't because of a security setting on my PC that I was unable to turn off because EA are rubbish! Sorry I got annoyed again. But yes, I played FIFA 22. It was fine.

• Like 3

I've got my usual cocktail of weekend games at the moment:

- The game in the Yakuza series I'm currently up to (Yakuza 3)

- Pokémon Violet while watching TV (or walking if its not raining)

- Cook, Serve, Delicious 2

- Forza Horizon 5, just enough to get 20 points on the weekly event to get the exclusive car

- Lawn Mowing Simulator

- WWE Supercard on my mobile, or NBA Supercard sometimes.

It's a lot of games, but it's no more than an hour per game, except for Yakuza and the mobile games.

• Like 2

Played some Retro Goal on mobile this morning while watching TV

Played some Three Kingdoms Total War yesterday as a break from chores

Also played a little Overcooked 2 and Exit: The Curse of Ophir with Mrs. Krabby last night

• Like 1

I've got a lot on the go. I'm playing the original God Of War right now. I really want to play Ragnarok but I need to beat this one first. I probably won't get to Ragnarok though until after Hogwarts Legacy because I preordered that yesterday. Also a small bit of Mechanic Simulator, and a whole lot of World Of Warcraft. I think I'll probably fire up FFXIV in about an hour and play a bit of it too.

My life is basically video games when I'm not working or hanging out with my wife.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I've got my usual cocktail of weekend games at the moment:

- The game in the Yakuza series I'm currently up to (Yakuza 3)

- Pokémon Violet while watching TV (or walking if its not raining)

- Cook, Serve, Delicious 2

- Forza Horizon 5, just enough to get 20 points on the weekly event to get the exclusive car

- Lawn Mowing Simulator

- WWE Supercard on my mobile, or NBA Supercard sometimes.

It's a lot of games, but it's no more than an hour per game, except for Yakuza and the mobile games.

I really liked Supercard until they forced me out of the account I'd been using for years and years and back to one I started in season one and never touched. I'd gotten to whatever the highest tier was before they shut off Facebook accounts but I couldn't make that one take over my other account so was kind of stuck. 

Meanwhile I'm finally diving into Ghost Of Tsushima and oh my lord, this game is beautiful.

• Like 1

Technically today, as far as the legal time is concerned :shifty: , but Starcraft II. Specifically the Wings of Liberty campaign on the hard difficulty. 

See, I don't really play video games these days so much for the challenge. It's more about enjoyment. And yeah, I do cheat. I don't really have a problem with this if it's a game I've legit beaten before and I'm playing through just for the hell of it (I mean, let's face it, grinding in old school RPGs is a pain in the ass especially when it's required due to difficulty [Glares at Dragon Quest II and The 7th Saga] ) or it's a kind of immersive experience (The Sims comes to mind to a degree, CK2 I have no qualms about since the way I see it I'm either fucking with world or Westorsi history already, might as well go all in :shifty: ). 

So, yeah, I'm cheating as I play through the hard difficulty, and I'm having a blast. But IDK. I'm getting into one of my 'lets play something else' moods, so maybe I'll go back to OOTP again. 

• Like 3

Yesterday I tried Divinity: Original Sin 2 for the first time, as part of a multiplayer party with three other people. My interest in it waned pretty rapidly, probably due to doing only 1/4 of the interactions myself and just having to listen to a tonne of dialogue. I'm not immediately eager to go back to it.

Otherwise over the last 24 hours I have only played some Final Fantasy 14, while Rise of Cultures is my phone time-waster of choice.

But forget all that: on Saturday I played some Sonic Mania with Evie (daughter, age 6) - and she even played 'properly' as Sonic rather than [invincible/irrelevant] Tails for the first time ever! :wub:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Owen said:

Hitman GO, I've wanted to get into the proper Hitman games too but haven't really been able to, outside of Absolution.

Now could be a good time. They've just merged the games together, so if you buy Hitman 3, you now get all the levels from the first two games as well. They apparently run well on Steam Deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Krabby said:

Played some Retro Goal on mobile this morning while watching TV

Played some Three Kingdoms Total War yesterday as a break from chores

Also played a little Overcooked 2 and Exit: The Curse of Ophir with Mrs. Krabby last night

I've been playing that a little recently, albeit only the trial. I've had Retro Bowl on my phone for donkeys years but never played it until recently. Then I saw they had a football/soccer version. There's something neat about it feels halfway between a turn based strategy and arcade sports game. Plus the whole 'heres a ragtag bunch of players and club with no facilities' prods at the old PES Master League urges of wanting to build them up with new recruits.

Maybe it's just because everyone on the team is bad at the start but it does feel a bit rubber bandy when the opposition is on the attack. It's like they score nearly every time so you have to get really good to outgun them at the other end.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I've been playing that a little recently, albeit only the trial. I've had Retro Bowl on my phone for donkeys years but never played it until recently. Then I saw they had a football/soccer version. There's something neat about it feels halfway between a turn based strategy and arcade sports game. Plus the whole 'heres a ragtag bunch of players and club with no facilities' prods at the old PES Master League urges of wanting to build them up with new recruits.

Maybe it's just because everyone on the team is bad at the start but it does feel a bit rubber bandy when the opposition is on the attack. It's like they score nearly every time so you have to get really good to outgun them at the other end.

Yeah Retro Bowl is also a ton of fun!!! I've played a bunch of New Star Soccer back in the day and New Star Manager on the PC

• Like 1

I'm about 3 in game days away from reaching the "Grand" race on NFS Unbound, and then it'll be "complete" in a sense in terms of the story, but I'll definitely play it beyond that. Today was my first proper session since before Christmas as we've been busy with It Takes Two.

I did download a summer 2022 update for FM22 as well, so if I can ever be bothered to add in all the major transfers that occur this month, I may sit down to play again at some point. I annoy myself though because as much as I love the idea of FM, and get really into it when I do play, once I go a week or so without returning to a save, I never go back. Hence why I'm more inclined to update 22 rather than purchase 23 as I barely touched that one.

• Like 1