What games did you play today?

Benji

5 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

At last finished Ghost Of Tsushima. What a game. Absolutely stunning, good story, and it was a good time length for a game. Debating on going for the platinum but probably won't as I've got too much of a backlog yet. Will at least play the DLC.

I'd suggest at least finishing all the side missions. Some amazing side stories in there.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 15:22, Chris2K said:

The Power Wash Simulator x Tomb Raider content is fun, although that's purely based on it being new Power Wash Simulator content as I've never played a Tomb Raider game. I'm sure people that have will have a lot more attachment to any references or easter eggs.

I have basically no idea what this post means, but I think I like it even more because of that fact.

I got in some Hogwarts Legacy before some TEW 2020 again booking IPW in the Cornellverse. Can't wait to sink some real hours into Hogwarts this Tuesday, it's been loads of fun so far. 

Edited by Trey

Been playing Hi-Fi Rush and straight off, absolutely beautiful looking game. I know we're not quite in the depths of the mid/late 00's where everything was grey and brown but the vibrant colours just leap off the screen here. The animation is wonderful too, be it the in game stuff or the cut scenes.

The way the game tries to (literally) synchronise the combat and soundtrack is a really cool idea and I'm not sure how much that has really been used before. There's obvious similarities to something like DMC in the way that the game is ranking you after each combat/level but it takes it up a notch in that there's meant to be a sense of style in the way you're dispatching these enemies, you're also doing it in time to this rocking soundtrack. I'd assumed it was open world which it actually isn't but I feel the whole rhythm aspect helps there too because, to me at least, keeping to the beat makes you want to keep the pace up and work your way through the level, whereas if it were open world I'd want to stop and look around.

I feel like I've missed something with the story though as it very quickly sets itself up as this very anti-corporate, 'fight the machine' type thing but I'm like 2-3 levels in and I don't know what machine I'm meant to be fighting. Your dude walks in looking like it's his first day of college, gets inadvertently melded with his MP3 player in an industrial accident and then you're suddenly trying to take this big bad corporation down. There seems to be a few steps in there that I've somehow overlooked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colly said:

I've never heard of it but it sounds right up my street, I like this thread. Is there any news on a PlayStation or Nintendo port?

It's a Microsoft-published game, so you can rule out a Playstation port. A Switch version is probably unlikely as well, given that they haven't even put it on Xbox One.

• Sad 2

Down to the last few game's of the season on FIFA 2023.

FA Cup Final with Chelsea, then last game of the season with Everton that if we win, then we will be Premier League Champions. Then one last game will be the Champions League Final.

Good season again. Squad has developed a lot. Only have Ben Brereton Diaz as the sole survivor and last real player at the club. Rest are youth scouted or regeneration of player's. 

So I picked up Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core: Rise of the Machines blah blah blah remastered or whatever and I'm just not feeling it. This Zack guy kinda sucks and the main bad guy just spouts lame poetry at me and the combat is kinda boring. I really feel like I'm wasting my time. I hate to bail out on something I paid for but does this get any more fun?

• Like 1

I think it's not aged well. The story itself - particularly the end game - pulls at the heartstrings, but there's no getting past that it's a game that's a decade and a half old from a handheld, has pretty poor voice acting even by the standards of the time, and had a lot of repetition in gameplay.

It's one of my absolute favourites for the memories it gave me, but I'm very willing to admit that it would not hold up well without nostalgia.

Plus side, it has a banging soundtrack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgot how much I hate the Control level on GoldenEye. I failed it four times (on Agent) before I got it done, three times because Natalya got killed (twice after she had completed her hack), and once because I was so happy Natalya had survived I forgot the second objective to destroy a load of servers.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2023 at 23:46, TheGrandAvatar said:

Down to the last few game's of the season on FIFA 2023.

FA Cup Final with Chelsea, then last game of the season with Everton that if we win, then we will be Premier League Champions. Then one last game will be the Champions League Final.

Good season again. Squad has developed a lot. Only have Ben Brereton Diaz as the sole survivor and last real player at the club. Rest are youth scouted or regeneration of player's. 

Won everything. Pretty much the Squad is very OP.

Really enjoying this career mode. We've brought in some new face's. Let a few go on loan to improve and get regularly playing.

Ben Brereton Diaz is 29 soon to be 30. This might be his last two season's at the club. I bought a replacement already and will thase him in with more game time. He's 93 rated. So give me that sweet sweet cash. £140 million for him is the valuation. What a Legend he has become. Scoring all the time. If he isn't playing and on the bench. He usually smashes through everyone anytime he's on the ball. Top scoring player for three season's straight. 

Oh Liverpool has Neymar and Pogba. While at Wolves. A should be retired Harry Kane. 

• Like 1

It's finally on sale, so I got Midnight Suns for the PS5, and I've been really enjoying it. If I had to sum it up in four sentances:

1) I really like the friendship mechanics and the bonuses you get from putting the work in.

2) Just as in real life, I am not great at knowing the right things to say to make friends.

3) I love the battle system, the tactics, knowing when to use moves and bonus actions, every part of it is so fun.

4) I am really bad at battling, I usually win, but often through sheer luck rather than tactical nuance.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It's finally on sale, so I got Midnight Suns for the PS5, and I've been really enjoying it. If I had to sum it up in four sentances:

1) I really like the friendship mechanics and the bonuses you get from putting the work in.

2) Just as in real life, I am not great at knowing the right things to say to make friends.

3) I love the battle system, the tactics, knowing when to use moves and bonus actions, every part of it is so fun.

4) I am really bad at battling, I usually win, but often through sheer luck rather than tactical nuance.

I've owned this for a month now, still in the wrapper. I'm waiting to play it until after I'm done Fire Emblem... I feel like they would be too similar to play back to back. 

• Like 1