X-BOX Megathread 2024

Ruki

22 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I started it and, to be honest, the first impressions weren't brilliant. It begins with a dull walk-and-talk sequence (you know the ones - slowly following someone down a corridor while they spout exposition) and then runs through the usual action setpiece combination of shimmying along beams, sliding down a slope on your bottom, grappling between platforms and a boss fight that keeps getting interrupted by cutscenes that add nothing. Then you've got several "squeeze through this narrow gap so the game has time to load the next skybox" bits.

Then the story started to get a little more interesting and I landed on the first proper world, so I'm going to give it a bit more of a chance to hook me.

Absolutely stick with it. Even better than the first game.

On 26/04/2024 at 22:07, FLiam said:

Absolutely stick with it. Even better than the first game.

I've found it's become a bit more enjoyable over the following couple of hours, but I'm not sure if it's going to grab my attention for the 25 hours it's supposed to take to finish. I find that action games like this are most to my liking if they're fairly short.

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Xbox-Games-Showcase-2024-Hero-a6dc9c9fda

As expected, this is the official date of the not E3 showcase, with the logo on the right teasing a "mystery game". I'd guess it's Gears 6 or a new Call of Duty.

From reddit, people are saying Call of Duty which, ehh

I'm sure whatever it is will leak before the show anyway, so it won't be much of a surprise. If it is Call of Duty, I wouldn't complain because at least it won't be part of the main show, and I can skip the follow-up.

• Like 1

Bethesda discussed changes coming to Starfield in May.

Maps have been completely revamped for cities, look a lot more user-friendly (not sure on the galaxy map though), also in bigger news - the option to run in performance mode 60fps is being added to console. :w00t:

Microsoft have closed Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within and Hi-Fi Rush) and Arkane Austin (Prey and Redfall), as well as Alpha Dog, who made the Doom mobile game. This is despite a reported $21.9 billion net income during the last financial quarter.