The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

12 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

In case you didn't see it in the E3 thread, this might interest you. It's a list of the games that will come to Game Pass at launch.

game_pass_amazing.jpg

Thanks, excited for Fallout 3 as I've wanted to play through that again for ages. Haven't since I had X-Box 360 which was a few years ago.

Also, I forgot how much I loved the X-Box controllers.

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Anyone know when the first 2 Fallouts are coming to Game Pass?

They are already there, but on PC. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Since they’re all on Gamepass now - I am going to make an attempt to play through the Yakuza series.

Played plenty of Yakuza 0 on PS4 but not really touched many of the other games. So here goes nothing. 

It's a great, over the top, drama. They are great. The only ones left for me to play are 6 and Like A Dragon.

50 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

It's a great, over the top, drama. They are great. The only ones left for me to play are 6 and Like A Dragon.

Reason I decided to was after installing Like A Dragon (although it is another game that seems to struggle on the original Xbox One <_<). 

I love the setting and everything, it’s unique and smashing people in the face with bicycles never gets old. Neither does karaoke complete with awful music videos.

• Like 1

For some reason, the Yakuza games are really bad at unlocking achievements. I've hit so many requirements, but they never unlocked. Happened in 4 and now 6 for me.

2 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

For some reason, the Yakuza games are really bad at unlocking achievements. I've hit so many requirements, but they never unlocked. Happened in 4 and now 6 for me.

Oh. I closed the game, reopened it, and  like 5 have unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FLiam said:

Utterly stuck on the first big boss fight against Goro at the batting cages. 

I have attempted it about six times now and keep coming short. So frustrating.

Which Yakuza game is that? I think there are a few times you fight Goro at the cages. My advice for hard bossfights? Bring all the healing items! Pretty sure the pawn shop has strong stuff. And heat actions the second you can. 

44 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

Which Yakuza game is that? I think there are a few times you fight Goro at the cages. My advice for hard bossfights? Bring all the healing items! Pretty sure the pawn shop has strong stuff. And heat actions the second you can. 

The first game. He’s so quick with his attacks, I can’t seem to block in time and get hit by mega combos.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Meh, it's a great machine for game pass.

That's mainly why I got it. That, and Bethesda games for the future (and any other studio I care about that they might eventually buy).