X-BOX Megathread 2024

Ruki

Is Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth coming to gamepass on launch? I thought it was, but now I am not seeing any reference to that. 

Edit: Apparently it's not! That's too bad, but I've played every other Yakuza/Like A Dragon game on Gamepass (minus Ishin and 0), so if I have to spend money on what is the largest game in the series, that's fine. Although I will wait because Persona and Final Fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm excited for Avowed news and information! Also interested on when Senua 2 will be releasing, and curious how the Indiana Jones will play. Also hoping we get news on Outer Worlds 2. 

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Also hoping we get news on Outer Worlds 2. 

I wouldn't expect anything outside the four games mentioned. We got Hi-Fi Rush as a surprise shadow drop last year, but there had been rumours about that for a couple of weeks beforehand. I haven't heard anything similar this time round.

Ara is the one I'm most curious about. It's supposed to be akin to the Civilization games, which will always pique my interest, but Oxide's only previous game was generally considered quite mediocre, so I won't go in with lofty expectations.

I'm yet to be convinced about Hellblade 2, partly because we've seen hardly any gameplay. I'm concerned it's going to be Microsoft's attempt at "prestige" storytelling, i.e. the gaming equivalent of Oscar bait, where you're funnelled down a corridor and expected to gape in amazement at the cutscenes. Hopefully, this showcase will allay some of those fears.

• Like 1

I hear the Xbox version is really bad compared to the pc version.

Plus there's all sorts of talk about their use of AI in development and, the Donphan in the room, all the rip off Pokémon. But I digress...

• Haha 1

I'm running it on a Series S so I kept my expectations in check and it tends to exceed them.  Definitely has some texture pop in issues, slow downs and out and out crashes, but I'm still impressed by it.

I don't care about the Pokemon rip off,  I just consider them the Americanized version.  You know, with the guns and all.

I've said it before... It should be illegal for Achievements to end in any number other than 0 or 5. I was enjoying Brotato as a Vampire Survivor type game, but then the odd number achievements made me keep playing until my score ended in a 0 or 5, and then I deleted it.

Why is my brain this way?

• 2 weeks later...

To summarise:

Spoiler

Four Microsoft-published games are coming to other platforms. It won't be Indiana Jones or Starfield.

I'm guessing it will be Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves and Grounded.

Activision games will start coming to Game Pass on 28th March with Diablo IV.

Xbox hardware will continue to be made, with the "largest technical leap ever seen" for the next generation.

• Thanks 1