The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

5 minutes ago, apsham said:

Just a reminder that Octopath is out on Gamepass today, and even though they give you the option you are meant to start as Tressa and don't let anyone tell you any different.

So we start as anyone else?

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

How grindy is Octopath? I'd like to play it, but I don't want to mindlessly slog away for hours.

So my experience with it before was pretty smooth until you hit certain kinds of areas. And then it wasn't really grindy per-say - it was kind of down to how the battle system worked. It's very rock/paper/scissors and when you don't have the right thing that an opponent is weak to, sometimes the fights just take a bit longer than they might otherwise.

And yeah as Ruki said, there are some reasons to grind if you're going after some secret or extra stuff but I don't think it ever gets TOO bad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Jeeze. Lots of achievements in Octopath. 

I started playing Fallout 4 (which... man oh man ... looks FANTASTIC on Xbox Series X and in 4k), but I am playing Octopath tonight. I puttered around the demo on Switch years ago. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RPS said:

I started playing Fallout 4 (which... man oh man ... looks FANTASTIC on Xbox Series X and in 4k), but I am playing Octopath tonight. I puttered around the demo on Switch years ago. 

Did you turn on the FPS booster for Fallout 4? MAN ON MAN.

3 minutes ago, apsham said:

Did you turn on the FPS booster for Fallout 4? MAN ON MAN.

No. Will do tonight. I figured it was automatically enabled. 

9 minutes ago, RPS said:

No. Will do tonight. I figured it was automatically enabled. 

If it isn't, hit start and go to the "see game" section where you can see that it's downloaded and all the DLC and stuff. There's a thing call "compatibility options" in there, that's where I turned it on.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

How does Octopath look on a screen bigger than the one on the Switch? The art style is fantastic, but does it lose anything when it's on a bigger display?

Nope! I played it entirely docked on my TV. Still looks fantastic. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 20:05, Gazz said:

Trying out Sea of Thieves on Gamepass. Not sure yet, I feel like there is a very in-depth game there where you can have a blast eventually, but I'm not sure if the sheer amount of time I think it would take to get to that stage would be worth it.

I spent 45 minutes last night hiding in the crow's nest of another crew's ship undetected, before stealing a significant portion of their loot when they docked at an island to fight a Skeleton fort.

10/10

• Haha 1

Playing Yakuza 4, enjoyable so far! Almost done the first character... on chapter 4.

Annoyingly, my game glitched and I'm not getting any achievements. So I might not dive too deep into the mini games this time around. Rumors are that this will happen if you use Quick Resume and/or play Pachinko. 

MLB The Show is going to Gamepass day one.  Very strange to see a Sony first party game going there at launch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

MLB The Show is going to Gamepass day one.  Very strange to see a Sony first party game going there at launch.

Rumor is that they want to establish a consumer base on the Xbox with this first iteration. So, making it free for people who've never been able to play the series because it was PS exclusive is kind of a smart move. It will probably hurt their PS sales though too, because people who have both consoles are probably more likely to just play it through Game Pass.

On that note though, it's likely that MLB 21 ends up as a PS Plus game at some point.