The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Very tempted by Skyrim as I've never played it, had an eye on the remastered version since it came out.

I know it's a bit of a timesink though and I've barely touched the star wars game recently nevermind jumping into Skyrim. I had an urge to play fallout 4 the other day and my save file was clocked at like 3 days or something so in imagine I'd get lost in Skyrim the same way.

4 minutes ago, YuKing CornEllis said:

Very tempted by Skyrim as I've never played it, had an eye on the remastered version since it came out.

I know it's a bit of a timesink though and I've barely touched the star wars game recently nevermind jumping into Skyrim. I had an urge to play fallout 4 the other day and my save file was clocked at like 3 days or something so in imagine I'd get lost in Skyrim the same way.

I find Fallout and Skyrim different beasts, but the systems play out quite similarly. I have never really gotten into Skyrim because that type of fantasy does not appeal to me, whereas the Fallout world more vibes with what I like in games. However, I found the world in Skyrim way more vast compared to Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4. 

3 minutes ago, YuKing CornEllis said:

Wait, like actually?

I got about halfway into Fallen Order, and it's a good enough game, but something about it just didn't hook me. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/11/xbox-game-pass-update-december-2020-2/

But so many new games coming to gamepass!

I still want to play Order and Greedfall which came out recently, the Yakuza games in the next few months, and now I've heard awesome things on here about Monster Train. Plus Code Vein looks fun (but I am a sucker for anime aesthetic. It's a souls-like, so I will probably suck at it). 

And that's on top of Cyberpunk which I've barely touched, whatever I might get at Christmas....

It's an embarrassment of riches. 

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Is it a good game for people new to the genre? I'd like to give it a try, but I don't want to be overwhelmed.

Absolutely. 

Just take it slow and read the cards. 

So every time I try to do the All Access bundle for the S on Gamestop's website (it says they have 4 left) - I click Get Started, it asks me to sign into my Gamestop account, I do it, and then just redirects to their home page. Even doing the same exact thing while I'm logged in (compared to when I'm not, and signing in when prompted) does the same thing.

Infuriating.

• 2 weeks later...

PES 2021, Injustice 2 and Torchlight 3 have been announced for Game Pass this month. That's alongside the previously revealed additions, like The Medium and Yakuzas 3-5.

Microsoft also teased that a game that was part of the service for a short time will be coming back this month. It might be GTA V or Red Dead Redemption 2, but a less exciting possibility would be Fallout 4, which was always going to be returning at some point following the Zenimax purchase.

In other Xbox-related matters, today is the day when Quantum Break predicted would be the end of time. That's a prospect that doesn't seem too bad right now.

I think there's a mode that removes a phase away from boss battles, but you can't complete the game with it on because it locks you out of the last couple of levels.

A game that handles difficulty really well is Hades. There's a mode that gives you an extra 2% damage resistance every time you die, and you also gain more currency to unlock boosts on each run. It's a great way to build up your progress and make you feel more confident each time you play.

• Thanks 1