The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

With EA Play now part of Game Pass, I downloaded Star Wars: Battlefront 2 to try out. I found out it has multiplayer bots, so I can now happily play it offline without having to worry about all the crap that comes with online play. Almost all multiplayer games used to have that option, so it's nice to see it in a modern game.

Wait, it has a completely offline mode?

It does indeed.

As expected, Control will be coming to Game Pass this Thursday. Dragon Quest XI is also on there the following day.

In other Game Pass-related news, a leak has suggested that the PC version of EA Play will be coming to the service on 15th December. I was quite keen on trying the Command and Conquer games again, so that would be welcome.

• Like 1

It's really good. I'm kind of mad that they're charging for the next-gen upgrade, though. I wanted to finish the game + the two DLC stories on the PS5, but you have to buy the Ultimate edition. It's the same thing for Xbox Series X, unless that edition is going to Game Pass (not confirmed yet, though I wouldn't be surprised).

6 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

You're Canadian. Are you really asking me how a one-timer works? 😛

But yes. :lol: 

He's a Leafs fan, what does he know about successful hockey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 05/12/2020 at 12:14, Meacon Keaton said:

Oh man, I loved NHL 94. I vividly remember being so excited the night before Christmas, because I had overheard my mom and step-dad saying that they got it for me.

Ruki, one-timers!

Its funny, I glossed over this thread and landed on the "Ruki you should know one-timers" part. I thought "NHL 94, Trevor Linden to Pavel Bure". Sure as shit you were talking NHL 94. That game was awesome. 

I’m back with more Game Pass questions:

I bought my daughter an Xbox One S for Christmas. I play games on my PC. The PC store has Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for three months. If I get that on my PC, can I also use it on the Xbox if I make her an Xbox account with my Microsoft login? 

And if so, were I to get that pass now, would the three months begin right away or does it have to be activated, which I could do on Christmas morning?

I was able to start the download for Cyberpunk this morning from the Xbox app, which seems so cool to me. No install for me when I get he the game next week (just the 40gb day one patch).

Edit: Apparently not, my wife turned on the Xbox and there was no sign of a download. heck.