The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

39 minutes ago, Baddar said:

How long would it have taken on the One?

Hard call to pin down for sure since I don't have the old system around, I scoured a few videos on YouTube and I found some where the match loading graphic was already in place so they likely clipped from the front of it - but one I found was at LEAST 25 seconds.

• Like 1

I remember during the PS4/Xbox One hype, load times were mentioned and I was under the impression they'd been pretty much eradicated, which obviously wasn't the case, but better than the previous gen of course. My hope now is that the impressive load times remain even when devs get ambitious with their stuff further down the road.

I can tell you that if you install a game on to the SSD, while load times haven't been eradicated, they have been reduced to being under 10 seconds, generally.  My friend said he booted up GTA in about 15 seconds once he put it on the SSD.

10 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I know every Watch Dogs loading screen used to be almost a minute for me and now they are like 10 seconds

Please confirm for me that thanks to ray tracing everything looks so much more wonderfully reflective for you now as well.

19 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I've noticed that but I honestly don't understand what ray tracing is

It makes light behave in a more true to life manner.  So reflections will actually mirror things like they do in real life, sunlight can wash things out with its brightness, things like that. 

• Like 1

It's really cool because of how hard it is to do. In a normal game, whenever you aren't looking at something it just flat out doesn't exist, so being able to do reflections like that and rays of light that look photorealistic is just one of those little things that adds so much.

Watch Dogs is bugging on saves, and this is why you don’t make it so the only available save is a cloud one.  Ubisoft servers fuck up, and you lose hours of progress because there’s no way to manually save anything.  Stupid.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Maxx said:

Watch Dogs is bugging on saves, and this is why you don’t make it so the only available save is a cloud one.  Ubisoft servers fuck up, and you lose hours of progress because there’s no way to manually save anything.  Stupid.

Fuck this happened to me. I had just finished a very long and annoying mission and now I'm back at the start of that mission again :( 

• Sad 1