Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

So CoroCoro has leaked and Fairy types are apparently:

Weak to Poison/Steel (giving Poison that sorely needed boost)

Not effective against Fire/Poison/Steel

Immune to Dragon

Strong against Fighting/Dark/Dragon

In other words, I think it's trying to balance out the Fighting-type weakness a lot of the Fairy/Normal types will have by allowing them to hit back just as hard.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just recently started playing Ruby again, most annoying thing so far is that Harden seems to do nothing at low levels. Trying to level up Seedot is impossible because he can never sustain enough damage to make Bide worthwhile. Bide is a terrible move anyway but it's the only offense he has...

• 3 weeks later...

All the leaks are flying out now. Including:

You get the Kanto starter between Gym One & Gym Two, Caterpie, Weedle, Psyduck, Farfetch'd, Zigzagoon, Pansage and what looks like Burmy are all available early game. There's also a Poké Flute to wake a Snorlax!

But in a non-leak: MEGA CHARIZARD X IS DRAGON/FIRE.

5.jpg

Holy shit. Major starter spoilers have come out.

Fennekin evolves in to Delphox, who's Fire/Psychic. Froakie evolves in to Greninja, who is Water/Dark. So Delphox is doubly screwed against Greninja. Presumably, Chespin's final evo is Grass/Fighting so he's twice super effective on Greninja, but twice weak to Delphox.

So when does this Pokemon Origins thing come out? It's a 4 part OVA, right?

November 15th via Poke TV, apparently.

And holy Jesus, Charmander screaming is kinda disturbing.

I was all set on Y, but Mega Charizard X has absolutely swayed me. Black Charizard? Check. Dragon type? Check. The only thing missing is giving it levitate so it could match it's flying ability.

Also, someone on r/pokemon pointed out elsewhere that the final evolutions have another hidden link...

k865lUW.jpg

Is it bad I've already picked my team? Because I kind of did <_< I mean, it might change but I did this ahead of playing White and Soul Silver and found it massively enjoyable and that I felt more attached to my Pokemon because of it.

Mine'll be Delphox, Venusaur, Honedge3 (presuming it has one, which seems likely), Hawlucha, Golduck and then probably Pyroar or Tyrantrum.

I don't get the knight/thief/mage thing.

Grass type is a bulky fighting type - Knight

Water type is a speedy dark type - Thief

Fire type is a special (or "magic") psychic type - Mage

I know my team will have Mega Charizard X and Hawlucha, and I think I'll probably go with Chespin as my starter, but the rest is still up for grabs. A lot of cool new Poké's this generation.